Chapter 21

Ariana's POV

"Ariana, are you OK?"

"Ariana, is it true?"

"Did someone really break into your house?"

The questions fly at me when I enter the school.

"Thank God its Friday." I whisper to myself.

I walk to my locker and open it, then hear gasps.

"Ariana, oh my God! Are you OK?" Jessica says from behind me.

I then around and sigh.

"Yes, Jessica."

"OK, good. I was so worried about you. I was just up watching TV and it got interrupted by the news."

"Well, I'm fine."

"I know. I just didn't wanna lose someone that I love again." Her voice cracks.

"Oh, Jess." I wrap her in a hug and Ashley rubs her back.

"Its ok, babe. I know you miss her."

"Do you wanna go home, Jess?" Ashley says as I pull away from the hug.

"No, I'm fine." She wipes a few stray tears from her face and adjusts her purse on her shoulder.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom really quick. You guys just head to class."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, go ahead. I'll see you there." She turns around and walks to the bathroom, pushing the door open.

"Well, I guess we should head to class." I say, closing my locker.

Ashley nods and we walk to our first class.

After School

"Ariana, there's a party tonight! Are we going?" Jessica says as soon as I walk out of my last class.

"You seem to be back to your normal self. But, I don't know. Maybe?" My phone buzzes from a missed call and I take it out my purse.

"Who was it?" Jessica says as we walk to our lockers.

"Justin. I'm gonna call him back."

"Hello?"

"Hey. Why'd you call?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks for asking." He replies.

"Umm, I didn't?"

"I know, I was kidding. But I called because there's a party tonight and I wanted to see if you wanted to come."

"Well, isn't it funny? Jessica just asked. I guess I'm going."

"OK. See you there, sweetness. Bye."

"Bye." I hang up and put my phone away.

"No homework this weekend." I tell Jessica, putting mg backpack in my locker.

"Good for you, but I have a 2 page paper on chemicals polluting the world due by Monday."

"Oh, well good for you. What times the party?"

"It starts at 8 pm."

"Perfect. Then I'll have time to take a shower, pick out my outfit, and get ready."

"It takes you 5 1\2 hours to do that?"

"Yes. Don't judge me."

"OK. I'll pick you up at 7:30."

"See you then. Bye, Jess." Ashley walks up and opens her locker.

"I'm guessing you're going to the party tonight, too. I'm lucky that I'm going because I almost got grounded yesterday."