Chapter 8

Ariana's POV

"I love you." Justin says.

"I know." I giggle and he smiles.

"Say you love me or I'll kill you." His smile turns into a smirk as he pulls a knife out of the drawer.

I jump off the counter and run to the living room.

"Ash, help! He's trying to kill me." I jump in her lap as Justin walks in.

She looks up from her phone then gasps, dropping it in her lap.

"Well then. I'll see you at your funeral." She pushes me off her lap and Justin pulls me closer.

"Say it."

"You're not supposed to play with knives." I whisper.

"I'm not playing. The knifes not even close to you. Have you even noticed its a butter knife?" He says.

I look at the knife and roll my eyes.

"For Gods sake, I love you! Are you happy?" He nods and walks into the kitchen.

"The snows starting to melt. You can finally leave soon and stop bothering me." I say, following him into the kitchen.

"Nice to know I was such an amazing house guest." He mutters, putting the knife back in the drawer.

"I was kidding."

"I know."

"Not acting like it."

"Are we arguing for a stupid reason?" He says.

I nod.

"I guess so."

"Well we can stop that right now. Come here." I walk towards him and he picks me up, placing me down on the counter.

He puts his lips on mine and I place my hand on his chest.

"Ariana!" Jessica yells.

I pull away and roll my eyes.

"Are you serious?" I groan.

"I am busy!" I yell.

"Doing what?"

"Minding my own fucking business. Find yours!"

"Come here!"

"Oh my God." I sigh as Justin takes me off the counter and we walk to he living room.

"What?"

"School is canceled again tomorrow. Justin, yours is too."

"That's all? Really, Jessica?"

"What?" She looks up at me and Ashley giggles.

"Oh. Oops. Continue."

"No. You ruined it." I walk across the room and sit on the couch, Justin following behind me.

I lay my head on his shoulder and look at the TV. My phone rings from the coffee table and I pick it up to answer it.

"Hello?"

"Ariana, are you OK?"

"Yes mom, I'm fine. Why?"

"Jennifer called me and said you jumped in the snow."

"Oh, yeah. I did. It was pretty fun."

"As long as you're OK, I'm fine with it. But she also said there was a boy who helped you out. Who was it?" I drop my phone on the couch and gasp.

"Goddamn nosy ass neighbors." I pick it back up and put it to my ear.

"What was that?"

"I dropped my phone. That boy was, umm, he was a friend. His name is Thomas. You said I could have some friends over so I did."

"Ariana, you better not be lying to me."

"I'm not."

"OK. I was just checking on you. Bye."

"Bye." I hang up and throw my phone on the couch.

"Fuck you, Jennifer!"

Everyone looks at me like I'm crazy and I shrug.

"I don't like her."