Chapter 22

Ariana's POV

I sit up and yawn, rubbing my head.

"Oh, good morning princess." I flinch and my head pounds.

"Jessica, what are you doing here?"

"Nothing much. Just been sitting here for about 4 hours, doing my homework. You've been asleep so long I almost got done with my paper."

"Oh. Good for you." I lay back down and rub my eyes.

"You're not going back to sleep. AIT up." She walks over to me and starts pulling my arm.

"Please stop. My head hurts."

"I know. You're gonna come downstairs and take a Tylenol then you're going to take a shower and get your butt dressed, and I hope you didn't forget we have practice today."

"Crap! Wait, what time did we go to sleep past night?"

"We got home around 2 am then you didn't go to sleep until about 4. Do you know how hard it was to keep you quiet until you fell asleep?"

"No. Sorry."

"Just go take a Tylenol and get back up here." I roll my eyes, making my head hurt worse, then walk downstairs to the kitchen.

"Ariana. Nice to finally see you today. Must've went to sleep really late last night. Or should I say this morning." My mom says as I dig around the medicine drawer for the bottle of Tylenol.

"Yeah."

"What are you looking for?"

"Tylenol. I have a headache."

"They're right here. Take two."

"Why?"

"Because I'm your mother and I know what you need." I shrug and grab a bottle of water from the fridge, walking back upstairs.

"Good, now go take a shower." Jessica says as I close the door behind me.

"Don't rush me. I'm moving as fast as I can."

"I'm sure you can move faster than that. You're a cheerleader for God's sake."

"I forgot we had practice today."

"Obviously."

"Can we reschedule or something?"

"No. This is the first practice with the new squad and they need as much as they can get. You know we have a competition in 3 weeks."

"Of course I do. I signed us up for it."

"Oh good. Something you did by yourself."

"Shut up." I walk in my bathroom to take a shower and brush my teeth.

1 Hour Later

"Ready to go?" Jessica says.

I nod.

"You rock that outfit." She says as we walk downstairs.

"Thanks. I dont know why everyone likes this so much."

"Because it looks awesome on you. You were born to be a cheerleader."

"Well thank you." I say.

We walk outside and to Jessica's car.

At Practice

"It looks like everyone is already here." Jessica says.

"Good for them." I take a selfie then post it to Instagram and get out of the car.