Chapter 4

Ariana's POV

"Ariana, do you know him?"

"Yes, I do."

"Who is he?"

"That's Justin. The boy you saw earlier." I mutter, looking at my feet.

"Well, hello there. I'm Jessica and this is Ashley. Ariana's best friends."

"Nice to meet you."

"Justin, what are you doing here?" I ask.

"I happened to hear 'There's a party at the cheer leading captains house. I think her names Ariana' in the hallway of my school." Jessica and Ashley walk into the house.

I already know they're going to watch us through the window.

"Oh, well it doesn't start until 8 pm. You're early."

"I know. I wanted to give you these." He takes a bouquet of red roses from behind his back and hands them to me.

"Wow. Thank you, Justin. How did you know these were my favorite?"

"I didn't. Just a lucky guess." I smile and he plants a kiss on my cheek.

"I love them."

"So can I come in?"

"Sure." He follows me into the house and to the living room.

Ashley and Jessica are sitting on the couch, acting 'natural'. Jessica is reading a magazine, upside down, and Ashley's 'talking to someone' on the phone.

"I know you were watching us. You might as well have stayed outside." I roll my eyes, looking inside the kitchen.

Snacks and drinks are set up and the music plays already.

"Where are the people you said were setting up?"

"They left. They were done." Jessica says.

"Well I guess there's nothing left to do except wait for people to get here."

"We don't have to wait long." Ashley points out the window and I follow her finger.

Cars are already parking along the sidewalk and people are walking up to the house.

"Let's get this party started!" Jessica says, going to meet people at the door.

"Come on, Ari. Talk to some people." Ashley says, pulling me off the couch.

"I don't wanna." I whine.

"This is your party."

"Its really not. It was your idea and Jessica set it up. I had nothing to do with it."

"You're right about that, but you're the most popular girl in the entire school."

"And?"

"And you have to show people how to have fun."

"But I'm just gonna show them how to be chill and how to not go to parties every night."

"Something tells me you don't know how to be a teenager." Justin takes my hand and drags me through the house.

"Can you not?" I say, shaking his hand away.

"Just go talk to some people. Its only for tonight."

"For what? Everyone already knows me."

"Exactly, and they would love to talk to you."

"Why does everyone want me to talk to people? I don't see what the big deal is."