Chapter 3

Ariana's POV

My alarm goes off and I wake up. Sitting up in bed, I yawn and rub my eyes. Another Monday. Hopefully this week will be better. I take a shower, brush my teeth, curl my hair, and put it half up half down. I put on my cheer leading uniform and go downstairs.

"Good morning, Ariana. How'd you sleep?"

"Fine. I'm heading to Starbucks with Ash. See you after school."

"Actually, I'm going on a business trip. I'll be back by Friday."

"Another one? OK. Whatever." I sit at the bar, going through my phone.

"Listen, I know its hard since your dad left, but-"

"Left? What do you mean left? He was never here in the first place." Ashley honks her horn outside and I get up.

"Yes, that. You can have a few friends over but not too many. See you Friday." She kisses my cheek as I walk outside.

"What's wrong? You look upset."

"Nothing. My mom's just going on another business trip."

"Oh. Well, I guess its time for another party. Better call Jessica." I give her a weak laugh as she drives to Starbucks.

She dials Jessica's number, pulling into the parking lot.

"Hey Jess. Ariana's having a party tonight and-"

"She hung up."

"Well I guess the party's already scheduled." I say as we walk up to the counter.

"Hi, welcome to Starbucks. What would you like?"

"I'll take a Vanilla Bean Frappuccino."

"What she said." Ashley looks at her phone, reading people tweets about the party.

"This one says 'Ariana Grande is having a party tonight. Who's gonna be there?'"

"Well, whoever that was just invited the entire world to the party. My mom's definitely gonna find out." I sigh as the lady hands us our drinks.

"Have a nice day." We walk to her car and get in.

The drive to the school is silent, and when we get there, people crowd around us, asking about the party.

"Move! I'm not a celebrity, I'm a cheerleader." Apparently, in high school, those 2 things were no different.

We walk in the school, Jessica meeting up with us at our lockers.

"Happy to see you throwing a party for once. I have people at your house setting up from 5-7:30 pm."

"Oh Jessica. If I wasn't your best friend..."

"A lot of people seem to say that to me. I'm still trying to figure out why."

"You're definitely something special, Jess." Ashley says, patting Jessica's shoulder.

She smiles and we walk to our first class.

Later That Day

We arrived at the game early to practice our new cheers.

"Jessica, how many times do I have to tell you? That is not the uniform."

"Its the same thing. Just..."

"Skimpier. Its shorter than everyone else's."

"I know. I like it that way." She smiles.

"Fine. As long as you still have the shorts under it."