CHAPTER 28 - "PROBLEM"

CHAPTER 28 – “PROBLEM”

“Tita, is she there?”

“Uhm, Hijo, umalis siya eh. Hindi siya nagpaalam kung saan siya pupunta. Maybe she’ll be back in a while.”

“Can you try calling her po?”

“Dear, why don’t you just wait for her to contact you?”

Then he left.

He’s been trying to reach me. But I didn’t respond. Pupunta siya ng bahay pero hindi ako lumalabas. Naaawa na ako sa kanya. I just want him to hate me. I know mali, pero that’s the only think I can think of.

I made my choice. I am going to leave him. Nate said I should just tell him and be done with it but reality check? It’s not that easy!

I think I am going crazy!

I am planning to call him, tell him it is over. But I’m scared.

Tinawagan ko si Nate. Pinakausapan ko siya kung pwede bang samahan niya ako while I talk to Ken, just on the phone of course. If I’m gonna do this, might as well gonna do this like my old self.

After a few minutes dumating na si Nate sa bahay. Pinapasok siya ni mommy. Alam kong she was confuse. Pero hindi na siya nagsalita.

“Thank you for coming Nate. I appreciate it.”

“Anything for you Gab.”

I dialed his number and wait for it to ring.

“Gabby! Finally! I’ve been reaching you for days! I miss you! Nasaan ka ngayon? Pupuntahan kita.”

“Ken, wait. It’s not the reason that I called. I called because I want to break up with you.”

“What are you talking about Gab? You can’t be serious. We have just been dating for a few weeks and you want to break up with me?”

“Come on Ken, you know me from the start. I’m a b*tch! I just can’t easily forget that. *I want to sound like I was happy, but it’s so hard. I just suppress myself from crying.* I know it’s hard for you. But it’s just how it is. Deal with it.”

Then I turned it off.

“Well, that was harsh.”

“I don’t have a choice.”

“You had another choice.”

“Please Nate, I don’t want to talk about this again.”

“I’m just saying, you could have told him the truth.”

“There’s no difference if I told him the truth or I’ll just leave him. Same results, he’s leaving me.”

“Let me clear this up to you. It was your choice to leave him, not his. And you didn’t even give him a chance to prove his love to you by not leaving.”

“Shut up Nate.”

“You’re shutting me up because I was right.” He was teasing me.

“I said shut up.” He’s getting closer, smirking at me.

“Just admit it Gabby, I made a point.” He was smiling and I can’t help but to smile back! What the heck is happening to me!

He came closer to tickle me. He hugged me and I tried to resist from him tickling me. Then he stopped tickling when our faces are just an inch close. He stared at me I stared back. Our hearts beat fast. I felt his heart beat.

Then he kissed me.

Problem: I kissed back.