Confrontations

In the end I never did get the chance to check up on Derek. Instead, Stiles had manged to get me out of the hospital and away from whatever was going on between the two Hales. Part of me wanted to be mad at him for not letting me at least make sure Derek was alive but I couldn't be upset with him because I knew that Stiles was only trying to protect me. He was a really great friend, and for that I was grateful. I hadn't realized just how much the whole hospital scene had worn me down until I slowly started to drift to sleep while Stiles was speeding towards the high school in hopes that we could catch up to Scott after the game. Once the his blue jeep was parked, I woke back up and jumped out of the vehicle as we went separate ways to look for Scott.

Hmmm, the game just ended not that long ago, so maybe he's in the locker room or something... I thought as I quickly approached the school doors and pushed through him. As soon as I walked inside I could hear the cheers from the team and quickly tried to make my way towards them but once I had made it there, everyone seemed to have dissipated. Maybe he's not even here at all. It's possible that he's already gone home. I thought as I turned around to head out, but but I came to a complete stop when I thought I heard someone in the locker room. Wasting no time, I pushed the door open and made my way inside just as I caught Scott walking towards the showers. I was about to call out to him when I heard him start talking.

“Thank god. Where the hell have you been? Do you have any idea what's been going on?” I heard him ask in annoyed tone. I walked over and stood there in shock as I saw Derek standing there.

“Beth? What are you doing here? Where's Stiles?” I heard him question me, but I only ignored him as I ran up to Derek.

“Y...you're okay. I thought that maybe...you had been killed...” I stuttered as I buried my face in his chest, relieved that he was okay.

“Yeah, seems like everything worked out.” He replied

I wasn't totally sure what came over me in that brief moment but before I could really stop myself, I went and placed my left hand gently on his cheek before getting up on my tip toes and looking into his green orbs for a matter of only a couple of seconds, and then slowly brought my head in and closed my eyes as I felt his soft lips mesh with mine. The kiss was gentle, but I could feel sparks flying as he started to kiss me back and placed his hand on the small of my back. The whole thing took my breath away, but it was short lived as Derek quickly pulled away and looked of in the other direction.

“I really don't get lacrosse. When I was in high school we played basketball. There's a real sport” I heard a voice say. I instantly spun around only to see Peter.

“Y..you. W..why are you here?” I asked meekly as I looked at Derek for answers.

“I have a little conflict of my own to resolve and I need your help to do it Scott.” I listened to him ask my friend for help.

“I'm not helping you kill people.” Scott fired back. I was relieved with his answer.

“Well I don't wanna kill all of them, just the responsible ones.” Peter answered back. My face hardened as I tired to figure out what he meant by “responsible ones”. “And this doesn't have to include---” he started to add on, but stopped and looked at Derek.

“Allison.” Derek said, finishing the sentence. Finally, it all made since to me.

“This is what this is about?” I inquired, not wanting to believe it.

“You're on his side?” Scott questioned him, but I scared of what his answer was going to be. “Are you forgetting the part where he killed your sister?!” Scott added on

“It was a mistake.” Derek replied casually. I couldn't believe it.

“What?!” Scott and I said in unison. I had to figure the urge to just lash out at Derek and smack some sense into him.