The Vampire ( P. 2 )

You and Sasha had been attached at the hip since you met, eventually deciding to start your own two person coven. You did everything together, you ate lunch together, had all your classes together, and even walked each other home!

However, Sasha had been acting really strange recently. Whenever he was around you, he was really quiet, and he refused to look at you. You were worrying that you had done something wrong. You really liked Sasha, and without him you'd be lost in such a crazy school!

Finally you decided to confront him about it, when he was perched in a tree in his bat form. You flapped your wings, perching next to him. He glanced at you, but then looked away, a nervous expression on his face. The moon was full and bright, the sound of the werewolf clique howling playing out like a sweet sympathy in the distance. Werewolves were like natural singers, it was really beautiful, every howl and bark was a song, and the melody was especially sweet on full moon nights.

"Sasha?" you said, looked over at him.

"Hm?" he hummed in acknowledgment, not looking at you.

"Did I... Do something wrong?" you asked timidly.

He looked at you in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"I mean... You've just been really distant... Do you not like me anymore?"

"No, of course not, (Y/N), that's the problem!" he sighed, shifting into his human form and dropping down onto the ground, stuffing his hands in the pocket of his hoodie. "I've had really conflicting feelings about you lately... And I don't know how I'm supposed to approach them."

"Then tell me, you know I'll always be your friend no matter what." you said, shifting to your human form and sitting on the tree branch, watching him carefully.

"I... I can't... I don't want to ruin what we have..."

It was like something straight out of a romance movie, and it made your undead heart flutter. You looked down at your hands in your lap, a sad expression on your face. Suddenly, the tree branch you were sat on sank slightly, Sasha sitting next to you. He wrapped his arm around your shoulders, pulling you into a hug. You sighed, nuzzling your head into his shoulder.

"I like you a lot Sasha, you know that, right?" you confessed, peering up at him hopefully.

"Of course, (Y/N), I like you too," he said, rubbing your shoulder. "I just... Don't know how you'll react if I... I..."

"Sasha."

"Y-Yes?"

"Do you love me?"

"With all my unbeating heart can take."

You smiled at him, a true, genuine smile. Sasha smiled back, kissing your forehead gently. You sighed happily, nuzzling into his side again and looking up at the moon.

"So are we dating now?" the vampire boy inquired after a moment of comfortable silence.

"I guess so."