The Ringmaster ( P. 2 )

Cirque du Frique was essentially a secret circus where only those who were formally invited were allowed to see. It was very hard hidden in the woods, tucked away so no one could see it, not even from the air. Your job was simple, wear a cute dress and strut your pretty legs. You were Phillipe's assistant, who was the Ringmaster of the establishment.

You were allowed to go to a fro from the camp site for school, but you always had to be back before the show started, which meant you basically had no time to go to your house, so you ended up living at your job. But you didn't mind, you liked it there. The circus ignited a confidence in yourself that you never knew existed, it was so nice. And Phillipe encouraged it, and when you were feeling insecure, he would always have something nice to say about you and your lovely long legs. He was so kind and charming, it was very heart warming.

You loved his chipper attitude and his go getter nature. It was so endearing, and you eventually began to develop a crush on the extravagant ringmaster, even though he was a bit psychotic...

You were preparing for a show late one night, applying foundation to your face and the red and black eye shadow you were required to wear. There was always a color scheme voted on for every day before the show started. Tonight, it was red, black, and gold, romantic colors. How fitting!

Suddenly, Phillipe entered your dressing room just as you were finishing. He was wearing his signature red and black suit that you loved so much. He gave you a wide grin and walked over to you. "There's my gorgeous assistant! Looking lovely as ever, my dear."

You giggled, blushing slightly as you took his outstretched hand and stood up from your dresser. "You're certainly in a good mood."

"Most definitely, because I have something planned tonight and I know that it will go well!" he declared.

"Oh? What's that?" you inquired, tilting your head to the side curiously.

Phillipe chuckled and patted your hand. "You'll see, my darling. You're in for quite the pleasant surprise."

--

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Cirque du Frique!" Phillipe called, his grin wide and mischievous, the audience cheering in reply. He twirled his cane to his other hand as he walked around the ring. "Tonight, our theme will be Blood Love, where romance, greed, and scandal are the main talk!"

The audience, which mainly consisted of monsters and monster enthusiasts, all cheered and clapped.

"But before we begin, I have something I'd like to say," Phillipe said, his face becoming more sincere as he turned around and extended his hand to where you were standing. "Might I call my lovely assistant, (Y/N), to the stage, please?"

The spotlight fell on you and you went rigid, your smile dropping as you shyly walked out into the ring. You weren't used to this... Normally no one paid attention to you, why were you suddenly the center of attention? You took the ringmaster's outstretched hand and stepped up next to him, comforted by his aura and slightly intimidating height.

"Wonderful! Then let us begin." he said, twirling his cane before jabbing it into the sandy floor, the lights abruptly shutting off, all but one red tinted spotlight, that enveloped the charming ringmaster like the blood moon. The way he was looking at you... With such admiration in his eyes... He was surprisingly sane, for once, it was incredibly romantic.

Music began to play overhead, and then, he began to sing.

"I love you too much
To live without you loving me back
I love you too much
Heaven's my witness and this is a fact
I know I belong
When I sing this song
There's love above love and it's ours
Because I love you too much
I live for your touch
I whisper your name night after night
I love you too much
There's only one feeling and I know its right
I know I belong
When I sing this song
There's love above love and it's ours 'cause I love you too much
Heaven knows your name I've been praying
To have you come here by my side Without you a part of me's missing
Just to make you my own, I will fight
I know I belong
When I sing this song
There's love above love and it's ours 'cause I love you too much
I loooooooooove you too much
I love you too much
Heaven's my witness and this is a fact You live in my soul
Your heart is my goal
There's love above love but its mine 'cause I love you
There's love above love and it's yours cause I love you
There's love above love and it's ours if you love me
As much..."

He gently whispered the last part as he tenderly kissed your head, both your hands clutched to his chest. You were in tears by the end of the song, your makeup running down your cheeks.

"Oh, Phillipe..." you whispered, giving him a watery, yet loving smile. "I love you too!"

The audience let out a chorus of "awwww" s when you said that, making you giggle. Phillipe grinned happily and wrapped his arms around you, pulling you tightly to his chest. You leaned into him as the audience applauded you, the smile never leaving your face.