The Mummy ( P. 2 )

Even though Ramses was a stuck up jerk with an ego bigger than his palace in Egypt (which was actually fairly impressive, he took you there during spring break), he could be very understanding and sweet when he needed to be. He actually proved to be a very loyal and valuable friend, you weren't picked on because if anyone tried, he would send his undead jackal on them (who was much like a sweet puppy when he wasn't killing anyone).

Lately, however, he's been showing off around you more and more, and giving you random gifts like jewelry, chocolate, and dresses you were sure cost more than your life was worth. Not to mention the grooming, physically and verbally, whether it be him absentmindedly petting your hair or him pampering you with nice words and compliments. You were certain he once said you were his queen, prettier than the sunset glistening against the Nile, and you haven't stopped thinking about it since.

You didn't really think much of it, being so clueless, and just assumed he was being nicer than usual. The prince was growing increasingly frustrated with your naivety, until finally he snapped.

You had been digging around in your locker when Ramses grabbed your shoulder and turned you around to look at him. He had a serious look on his face, not like his normally stern expression, but like he had something important to tell you.

"(Y/N), why are you so oblivious?" he asked, his voice shook as if he were holding back his frustration, making you nervous.

"Um... Huh?"

"I've been trying to court you for months, and you're still so... Naïve!" he groaned, gently running his hands down your arms as he softened his gaze. "Please... Tell me you feel the same way? That we aren't just friends?"

Your entire face erupted in a blush. It all made sense now! The grooming, the pampering... You couldn't help but giggle at your foolishness, bringing the prince in for a hug, wrapping your arms around his middle and pressing your cheek into his chest. "Ramses, if you wanted me to be your girlfriend, all you had to do was ask."

He stiffened at first, his back straight as a board, but then his arms slowly encircled you and he held you tightly, as if you would slip from his grasp forever.

"So does this mean you'll become my queen?" he asked after a moment of silence, a hopeful smile on his face.

"Whoa, one step at a time."