4

(Will's P.O.V.)

I had been on my own for about year. It had been five years since I left the Avengers. It was time to tie up some loose ends.

I packed a bag and grabbed my shield and put them in my car. Then I called my office to tell them I wouldn't be in for a few days. I drove,  and I knew exactly where I was going.

I pulled up to the driveway of the farmhouse. I got out of the car and knocked on the door. No one answered, but I saw a man coming towards the house from the barn.

"Who are you and what do you want" the man demanded.

"Well hello to you too, Clint" I smiled.

"Will" he pulled me into a hug "oh my god, you're actually here. You grew up so much".

"I know" he released me.

"Man, it's been what, like five, maybe six, years since I last saw you".

"Yeah, Coulson took me in when I told him that I wanted to run away".

"I knew it" he said before yelling "hey, Nat, can you come here for a minute".

"Wait, Natasha's here" I asked as the redhead walked out of the barn.

"Yeah".

"Where exactly are your wife and kids".

"Laura's at work, and the kids are at school".

Natasha walked up to the porch.

"I do not believe it" she muttered.

"Hey Nat" I gave her a small wave.

"Nat, she was with Coulson. I told you she would be" Clint stated.

"Why'd you run away" Nat questioned.

"I think you know why" I crossed my arms.

"God, you sound so much like your father" she said.

"Don't compare me to my father anymore".

"Alright".

"So why did you resurface after all these years; why now" Clint asked.

"Because I've settled down. I have a job saving people. I figured that since its been five years, I should start tying up the loose ends I left behind" I explained.

"What do you do for a living" Nat asked.

"I joined the army, and now I'm a cop".

"I'm just going to say this once. Will, you are following in your father's footsteps. What's your rank" Clint said.

"I'm a Captain, in both".

"Oh my god, you are literally your father. You're Captain Rogers" Clint laughed.

"Look, just because I'm mad at him doesn't mean that I can't follow in his footsteps. I even have his shield in my car".

"How did you get the shield" Nat inquired.

"Tony gave it to me. He got it from Steve, who apparently wanted me to have it. Anyways, Tony tired to bribe me into coming back to the Avengers with it".

"Go get it then" Clint had not changed a bit in five years. I went to the car and grabbed the shield.

"Man that's something that we haven't seen in years" Nat stated.

"If you had the suit I wouldn't be able to tell you from your old man" Clint commented.

"Well, I don't have the suit anymore because Tony ruined it when he shot me. Can I stay here for a few days".