18

(Will's P.O.V.)

"Hey Cap, you have a meeting in conference room one" Fran, the receptionist, said when I got to work.

"It's not that crack addict again is it" I sighed "because if it is, I'm going home".

"No, but you might want to talk to this guy" she answered. I dropped my coat at my desk and went to the conference room.

"Well holy shit, so this is what became of the great Steve Rogers" Justin Hammer stood in the conference room smirking.

"I'm not Steve Rogers you idiot, now sit down or get out" I snapped, staying in the doorway.

"I'm sorry, so you must be Captain Willow R. Rogers" he said.

"What the hell could you possibly want" I had met Hammer before. He had worked with Hydra for a while, and he was Tony's business rival.

"I came to offer you a job, and what is your middle name. It's always been a mystery to me".

"Why would I ever consider working for you, and you know what my middle name is. If you use it, I'll shoot you where you stand".

"Okay, Ragnarok, I'll pay you more than what you get paid now, and you can make your own hours. We're talking six figures here" he offered. I put my hand on my gun.

"And what would I be doing exactly".

"You'd be my new head of security" he chimed.

"No" I scowled.

"And why not".

"Well let's see, you worked for Hydra, you tried to kill Tony, oh, and I hate you and everything you stand for" I felt my hand heating up "how did you even know that I was here".

"I just heard about this amazing cop in Denver, and I had to meet them. And I only worked for Hydra because they forced me to".

"Your tech, the stuff you designed for Hydra and AIM, is inside me. It's been in my brain since I was nine. Now how on god's greed earth did you find me".

"Like I said before, I heard about an amazing cop, so I came to hire them. That cop happened to be you".

"Here I am, now leave" I almost yelled.

"No, not until you take the job".

"I know that you've met my father, and I am more like him than you realize, so you might want to get out of here before you see my dark side".

"Oh a dark side, how scary. You're just a kid. Now take the job. You need it".

"Oh you want to push me. I can think of a hundred ways to kill you right now and get away with it" I grabbed the collar of his shirt.

"Okay, just put me down and I'll leave" he was afraid now.

"Now get out of here and if you tell anyone where I am I will find you and I will kill you".

"Jesus, you're a violent woman" he whispered.

"Get out before I have you arrested" I ordered. Hammer gathered his things and exited the building.

"That's it. I need some divine intervention" I muttered "Hiemdall, if you're listening, help me keep these people away".

I went back to my desk and grabbed my jacket. "Fran, I'm taking the rest of the day off" I walked out the door. I went home, and as soon as I got to the kitchen the doorbell rang. Justin Hammer was at the door. I let fire run through my hand, curled it into a fist, and got ready to punch.