43

"Rogers, get your ass in here now" my boss yelled when I got to work.

"What do you need, chief" I sat down across from him.

"Is there something you would like to tell me" he threw a file folder in front me.

"What is this about" I asked.

"You".

"What about me".

"The truth" my blood ran cold. Had my boss finally figured out the truth?

"And what is that exactly" I tried my best not to look scared.

"Look for yourself" he opened the folder. It contained SHIELD reports and old photos.

"Shit" I muttered.

"You wanna tell me something" he asked again.

"No".

"So you're saying that this isn't you".

"I'm not at the liberty to discuss that" I stated.

"You want a lawyer here".

"And why would I need a lawyer".

"Because this information could send you to prison; now, would you like to tell me why I a SHIELD file on you".

"Why don't you tell me how you got that information".

"You showed up here nearly twenty years ago. My best detective wanted to hire you out of the blue. I've had some folks looking into you for two decades. Someone must have slipped up because this is the first thing I've found in twenty years".

"What about my right to privacy. I know some damn good lawyers, so why exactly did you violate my rights, chief".

"Because you showed up here with no explanation. A skinny kid from New York, covered in scars. You were instantly good at your job. You wanna tell me that that's not suspicious".

"Do you want me to quit, is that what this is about".

"I want you to explain yourself".

"Fine, I worked for SHIELD when I was younger. Is that what you wanted to hear".

"This file says that you have powers".

"I want a lawyer".

"Then we'll call a lawyer in here".

"No, I want the two best lawyers in the state of New York".

"And who the hell are they".

"Nelson and Murdock, you get them here and I'll talk".

"You're excused for the day, go home, Rogers" I stormed out of the building. I got home and called Matt Murdock.

"Nelson and Murdock, Karen Paige speaking".

"Karen, its Will Rogers. I need some help".

"Will Rogers, wait, you helped us with the Punisher case. What do you need".

"I need Matt and Foggy to get their asses to Denver before my boss can fire me".

"Why".

"Just get them here and I'll explain later".

"Okay, we'll get on the next available flight to Denver" she hung up. Seven hours later, the trio showed up at my door.

"What is this about" Foggy asked.

"My boss knows about me. He found out about my past. He wants me to confirm it".

"And did you".