24

(James's P.O.V.)

Will had been missing for about two years now. Steve had left the country to look for her, but I stayed in the country. The one place I hadn't looked was Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters. I went up to the big wooden door and knocked.

A girl that was about my age came through the door. She didn't open it; she came right through the solid wood.

"Oh my god" I stumbled back in shock.

"Who are you, and what do you want" she asked.

"My name is J-James, James Rogers. I came here looking for my sister" I stuttered. The girl was very pretty.

"Oh, you're Will's brother. She said you'd eventually come here. I'm sorry to say that she hasn't been here in months, but you're welcome to come in and ask anyone if they've seen her" the girl led me inside.

"What's your name, and why did you walk through the door" I asked.

"My name is Kitty Pryde, and I can walk through walls".

"That's cool, so how well did you know my sister".

"She told me about her past, but that's really all I know".

"That's all anyone seems to know about her, well accept for Steve. He knew her the best because I guess he was the one who found her".

"Your sister is kinda scary" she commented.

"Yeah, after she disappeared I started calling her Jason Bourne".

"I can see why".

"Hey do you want to go grab coffee with me later" I asked. I liked Kitty even though I'd only known her for five minutes. She was beautiful, she seemed smart, and she didn't care that I had powers or that I'd been raised by Hydra.

"Yeah, that would be nice. I'll meet you at the little coffee shop on twelfth around four" Kitty replied with a smile.

"Awesome" I grinned as I walked out of the school. I called Peter to brag.

"What do you need, James" I could practically hear his eyes rolling.

"I got a date" I bragged.

"How did that happen" he asked.

"I was looking for Will at this school for mutants, and the girl who answered the door agreed to go on a date with me".

"Who exactly was this girl. You didn't brainwash her, did you".

"Her name is Kitty Pryde, she can walk through walls, and she's my age. And I didn't brainwash her".

"So she's seventy-four" he said sarcastically.

"She's fifteen, and I'm fifteen; it's not weird".

"I'm just messing with you, and I'm happy that you have a date. Does she know about your past".

"She does because she knew Will, which is nice because then I don't have to explain my past to her".

"Well, have fun, now I have to go to work, so don't call" Peter hung up. When I told Steve about my date, he laughed, and then he realized that I wasn't kidding. He freaked out because he thought that Kitty could be dangerous. When I told him that she was part of the X-Men, he calmed down and left me alone.

Later that night, I met Kitty at the coffee shop. "So Kitty, where are you from".

"Illinois originally. My parents heard about the school and shipped me off because they didn't want to deal with my powers. The X-Men became my family" she said. She didn't sound sad at all.