35

(James's P.O.V.)

Violet Sara Rogers was born on April fifth in 2025. That was one of the happiest days of my life. From that day on, Kitty and I had the perfect life. We were both part of a superhero team, I was a doctor in Hell's Kitchen, and we had a kid. Some people say that having kids ruins your life, but Violet made my life better. She was going to have the childhood that Will and I never got.

One day when we were at the park, Violet called me over to the sandbox. I thought she was going to show me another mud pie, but it wasn't. She had a sphere of water in her hand. "Daddy look" she giggled. I said nothing and instead sat down next to her.

"Daddy, is something wrong" she asked looking up at me with her big blue eyes.

"No princess. Daddy's just worried".

"About what".

"The water in your hand. You have special powers just like mommy and daddy. You can't ever show them though. People don't like other people who have powers" I tried to explain it as best I could.

"Why not".

"Because you're aunt Will showed her powers in public, and she got hurt because of it. I don't want that to happen to you. Now let's go home so you can show mommy" I took her hand and we walked back to the apartment. Kitty got sick with worry.

I called Steve to see if he could watch Violet while I talked to Kitty.

"James, she's our baby girl. I don't want to send her away" Kitty was blinking away her tears.

"We're not going to send her away. She doesn't have to go live at a SHIELD base, and she doesn't have to go live with the X-Men".

"But what if the MRD takes her away from us".

"Violet has my powers, so she's probably not a mutant. If you're really worried, then I can run some blood tests".

"And what if she's a mutant".

"Who cares. She's going to have a normal childhood, and she's going to have normal friends. I'm not going to let anyone take her away from us".

"I'm worried about her, James. I don't want her to end up like your sister".

"If she ends up like Will, then I'd be proud of her. Will is a hero; she's more of a hero than we'll ever be. If Violet goes down that path, then we need to support her".

"I-I don't want our little girl to grow up as a freak".

"She's not a freak, and if anyone calls her a freak, then I'll beat them up" I stated.

"You'll beat them up" she raised and eyebrow.

"No I won't, but my old man will. He really loves Violet, and he'd do anything for her".

"Okay, but how do we deal with Violet's training".

"We start immediately. We need to teach her how to control her powers or something bad might happen. I didn't know how to fully control my powers until I was thirteen, so we need to train her".

"How do we train her".

"I'll train her. She has my powers, so I should train her, and I'm going to make sure that she's safe".

"Maybe we should send her to Xavier".

"You want our five year old daughter to go live in the same house as the Wolverine" I laughed.

"Okay maybe not, but I think she's too young to have to deal with this".

"She's not alone, honey. We are going to train her, and she's going to live a normal life" I said "and before you go on a rant about how Violet isn't normal, she is. She's normal in our world".

"So she's going to be okay".

"Of course" I said, pulling my wife into a hug.