Chapter 25: In The Battlefield

A huge amount of water rose and streams down to the ground towards the huge fireball. A huge amount of mist appeared as the water was evaporated and the fire was dispersed. "Hidan, duck." Sasori said, attaching chakra strings to Hidan, making him hit his face on the ground. Just then, a familiar pink haired lady came flying in with her fist pulled back. "Shanaro!" She shouted.

"Sakura?!" Kisame shouted with wide eyes as Sakura managed to land a punch on the statues. The statues' faces cracked and soon the whole body crumbled, leaving it to dust. "And it took a whole lot of us to destroy that thing." Kisame said, twitching. "Hn." Itachi replied. Sakura walked towards Deidara and chanelled healing chakra in his system, repairing the destroyed cells. "Guess it only needed brute strength." Konan said, sighing.

Hidan got up on his feet and glared at Sasori. "What the f**k was that for?!" Hidan shouted. "I did tell you to duck." Sasori said, smirking as he ticked Hidan off. "Look." Kakuzu said, pointing at an opening passage. "Come on." Pein said, leading the way. Sasori helped Deidara on his feet and followed the others as they walked in the passageway.

"Why are you here? And where's Zetsu?" Kisame asked, looking around. "About that...." Sakura said.

Flashback...

The vines withered as Zetsu layed his hand on it. Zetsu turned to Sakura and said "Go to leader-sama and report what I'm about to say." Sakura nodded and waited patiently as Zetsu closed his eyes. "The dark god can be found within the passage that can only be opened when you defeat the statues that are guarding it." Zetsu said. "To defeat the dark god, you must destroy the crystal in his hands. Destroying the dark god is the only way to free the light god." Zetsu continued as Sakura stared at him diligently.

End of flashback...

"So where is Zetsu-senpai?" Tobi asked. "Ah, he's... Somewhere." Sakura said, grinning as the group entered the passage. "I had been waiting for you." A voice said, making them put their guards up. A man with dark features and pale skin appeared a few meters before them. "I expected him to be more...translucent." Kakuzu said, sighing. "I did too." Pein monotonously said, disappointed.

"Don't mistake me for a ghost!" He said, twitching. "Never mind that, this is where you die!" He said. Soon enough black mist surrounds the group. "It's a poison. Cover your noses." Sasori said, covering his nose as did everyone. Itachi ran towards the man with a kunai at hand. He threw the kunai as a distraction and formed a hand sign. "Great fireball technique." Itachi said. The man's eyes widened as he barely avoided the attack.

"Katsu!" Deidara shouted, grinning as he successfully hit the enemy. The cloud of smoke dispersed. "Earth grudge fear." Kakuzu said, sending his hand underground. Hidan rushed in the battle field with his scythe. "Time for a sh**ty sacrifice, Jashin-sama!" He shouted, successfully wounding the man. "Eh?" He said, dumbfounded as he saw no blood. "F**k this s**t! He doesn't have some sh**ty blood!" He exclaimed, twitching in annoyance.

"Get out of his range Hidan!" Kisame said, as he blocked an attack with Samehada, shielding Hidan. "Hidan! Kakuzu's vulnerable right now!" Sakura shouted, making Hidan look at them. "F**k!" Hidan shouted as he ran towards Kakuzu. "You f**king s**t head! What the f**k are you doing with the ground?" He shouted. Kakuzu simply glared at Hidan, muttering Idiot.

Konan wrapped papers around the man's figure, restraining him from moving. The man let out a a cry. "Aye, looks like he's transforming, un." Deidara said, pointing at the guy. The man grew horns and wings, looking like a demon instead of a god.

"Kakuzu, I think now's the time." Sakura said, staring at the now demon looking. "Oi, Kakuzu!" Sakura said as it broke out of Konan's papers. "Kakuzu, anytime now!" Sakura said as Sasori attached chakra strings on the man, successfully controlling the man but with much effort.

The man grew tendrils and started thrashing around. Itachi threw a kunai, pinning a tendril down with the kunai. Hidan grabbed his scythe again and cut off the tendril that was about to attack Kakuzu. "You f**king ragdoll, hurry the f**k up!" Hidan shouted. "You know what? I'll rip out that annoying tendrils of yours." Sakura said, nerve popping on her forehead as she grabbed a tendril that was about to hit her. True to her words, Sakura ran towards the man and pulled off the tendrils with her chakra filled hands, causing the man to cry in agony.

"Now." Kakuzu said, finding an opening. His hands emerged from the ground, he grabbed the man's hands and pulled towards the ground. "Itachi!" He shouted. Itachi nodded and threw two kunai at full strength, causing those to crack. "Not enough." He monotonously said. "On it!" Kisame said, jumping as he neared the man. He let out a battle cry and used Samehada to dig both the kunai deeper, causing the crystals to shatter. With that, the man's body dispersed, leaving no trace behind. The group took the time to rest. They were suddenly on their guards when they heard foot steps approach them. "I'm so glad you succeeded." A voice said.

To Be Continued...