!Happy Birthday!

It's time to celebrate the #number 1 Duck, Donald Duck!  (And also Goofy's since I forgot to add his birthday page)

Donald Duck is number 1! Fun Facts!

June 9 1934

Donald's first appearance was in The Little Wise Hen (1934)

In the Disney Studios, Donald is often referred to as "The Duck".

Walt Disney himself referred to Donald Duck as "the problem child"of Disney.

Appearing in over 150 theatrically released films and shorts, Donald has the record for most theatrical appearances for a Disney character. 

Donald's original name was Donald Oliver Duckling.

Because of his middle name, Fauntleroy, Donald is currently the only major Disney character with an official middle name.

He has a sister named Dumbella.

The Scene in Mickey and the Beanstalk where Donald goes crazy with starvation and tries to kill their cow with an axe is considered one of the scariest scenes in Disney history, and has been called "Hungry, Hungry, Donald."

There is a common urban legend stating that Donald Duck comics were banned in Finland just because the character does not wear pants.

Donald Duck is not a real sailor, he only wears his iconic sailor outfit outfit because Daisy likes men in uniform and forces Donald to wear what she is currently in the mood for. 

Donald Duck is the only popular film and TV cartoon character to appear as a mascot for the sports team of a major American university, namely, the Ducks at the University of Oregon.

Donald's name and image are also used on numerous commercial products, one example being Donald Duck Orange Juice, introduced by Citrus World in 1940.

Goofy Fun Facts (So sorry again)

May 25 1932

Goofy's first appearance was in Mickey's Revue (1932)

Goofy is the only character from the Mickey Mouse gang to have a soninstead of a nephew or niece.

In addition, Goofy is the only member of the trio to have a confirmed wife, although Walt Disney has speculated that Mickey and Minnie are married off-screen

In his 1930's cartoon appearances, Goofy commonly wore a black vest, blue pants, a turtleneck shirt (colored either red or orange), white gloves, extra-long brown shoes, and a very distinctive hat (either blue or green). This has been the character's iconic look ever since, even though it was seldom featured in cartoons after the 1930's.

The only times Goofy is referred to being a dog are in early shorts, an episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, a Toon Disney commercial for Goof Troop, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, by Hades in an episode of House of Mouse and an episode of the 2013 series.

Goofy is currently the only member of the Classic Disney Shorts to have his own movie.

Although Goofy's hat is usually colored green with a black line, it is usually colored blue in comics. In his appearance in Mickey, Donald and Goofy: The Three Musketeers, his hat was a yellow orange color. Sometimes his hat is green with a yellow line.

The color of Goofy's vest has been somewhat inconsistent, in most appearances, it is officially black, in some appearances such as Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, his vest is a light brown, and in the Theme Parks and in Kingdom Hearts, it is yellow.

His original concept name was "Dippy Dawg" in cartoon shorts created during the 1930's; then his name was given as "George Geef" or "G.G. Geef" in cartoon shorts during the 1950's, implying that "Goofy" was a nickname. Contemporary sources, including the Goof Trooptelevision show and A Goofy Movie, now give the character's full name to be Goofy Goof. The Goof Troop pilot also refers to 'G. G. Goof' on a diploma, likely a reference to the 1950's name.

While Goofy is famous for his trademark exclamation "Gawrsh!", he can sometimes be heard actually saying "Gosh!", which is the proper way to say said exclamation.

Goofy's mother made an appearance in the Mickey Mouse Works cartoon How to be Groovy, Cool and Fly.

Some Disney movies use Goofy's holler, such as Home on the Range(where Maggie, Mrs. Calloway and Grace accidentally hit Junior the Buffalo), Cinderella (when the Kingcuts the rope on the chandelier and he and the Grand Duke fall onto his bed), The Hunchback of Notre Dame(when Quasimodo caused some of Frollo's guards to fall from the Notre Dame cathedral into the nearby river), The Rescuers (when Orville takes off for the last time), and Enchanted (when the troll is flung over to the next kingdom while trying to eat Giselle).

Though "Goof" is Goofy's official last name, it is rarely used in most of his appearances.

The color of Goofy's hands when his gloves are removed are inconsistent: In Goofy and Wilbur, a scene showing Goofy removing his gloves depicts him with flesh-colored hands, while in other times when his gloves are removed, they are black.

Goofy's great-grandfather was shown to be still alive (at a very high age) in a 1961 Mickey Mouse newspaper comic.

Happy birthday to y'all all and Always be a D.R.E.A.M. (Disney Rules Everything Around Me)