| chapter 18 |

I'm hiding in a closet, afraid of whatever is out there. The footsteps get closer. I've been holding by breath for too long. I exhale. The closet door swings open. I scream. In front of me is Molly with a knife in her hand.

She walks closer. I try to back up, but I'm already hitting the wall. She gives me a creepy smile and gets even closer.

She glides the flat side of the knife against my cheek and whispers in my ear, "Tag, you're it."

I start screaming frantically. As I scream, Molly starts to laugh and suddenly Julie and Tom appear and laugh too.

-  Someone is shaking me. I open my eyes, wide awake now. Ruby is next to me with a concerned look on her face.

"You were screaming and woke me up like that. It scared the shit out of me," she tells me.

"I'm sorry, I had a nightmare," I tell her.

"About?"

"Molly."

"Your best friend?"

"Um. Well... Not exactly anymore." I say, considering how I don't even have any contact with her these days. That dream has just put me more off, I don't know what to think about it.

Ruby and I decide to investigate to find evidence that can prove Melanie's innocence. She seems to have no fear, and I can't really be in any more danger than what I've already been in.

We go to Julie's house which is the first obvious place to look.

"There's no turning back now," Ruby says and goes up to ring the doorbell. The door opens quickly, there is Julie looking creepy and smiley like always. Something is just so off about her.

"We have to talk to you about a few things," I tell her nervously.

"Sure," she leads us in.

We all sit in her living room. Very little light comes in from the cracks of the window shades.

"I know why you're here and don't worry. There's no need to look or investigate. There isn't anything for you to find. You have to stop getting into other people's business you know. You're in way too much danger now," Julie tells me with such a voice that makes me believe she is truly crazy.

"Also, if you somehow try to get her out of there, I have video evidence of her saying some nasty comments and pretty violent threats," she tells me with a big smile. Ruby, seeming scared for the first time ever, holds on to my arm.

"Why are you doing this?" I ask her.

"Is it my turn now to tell you the story? I'm sure Melanie has already told you part of this. Back in high school she did some pretty horrible things. Her, crybaby, it's the same person anyways. First of all, she dumped Tommy in a very humiliating way.  She made him the laughingstock of the school. We also used to be friends. After a small incident, she also posted some very personal things of mine into the Internet. I became the laughingstock of the school too." She tells me.

"That's not even close to being a good reason for all the things you two have been doing," I tell her.

"Shut up. That bitch should get what she deserves, she can rot in jail. We know how to point the recent murders to her. All of this has been planned if you haven't noticed," she tells me. She then looks at Ruby, as if she hadn't noticed her or something.

"Oh I see you got yourself a new partner. I did too, quite a while ago," she says with an evil smile.

"Molly, come over here," Julie says in a singsong voice.

____________

Hey!!!!!!! Im so sorry for not updating in so long!!!! :(((
I've gotten so lazy lately I've literally gotten nothing done (yikes haven't even started my AP history summer homework)
Please forgive me ok. It's 2 am right now x.x

As always please point out mistakes in spelling and grammar!!!!!! --- yes you will forever be my personal editors

ILY all thanks for all the comments and votes and support <3