| chapter 09 |

"Okay, well let's go to the police station now," Molly says as we walk out of the horror we got ourselves into.

"You know none of what we saw is solid proof, and even worse, we could probably be the ones to get in trouble for entering her house without permission," I tell her.

"Come on! Why do you always seem to be on her side?!" Molly exclaims angrily.

"It's not like that..." I say. But deep in my heart I know I've been subconsciously protecting Melanie. Something tells me she's not the killer. I don't know why I still think like that, after all that has happened and what we just saw. I'm just pretty positive that what we've seen is probably a very small piece of a bigger picture. We don't know much, that's for sure.

"Whatever." Molly says as she starts walking faster. Then, she halts immediately.

In front of us is Melanie, pink and black hair, with a few grocery bags in her hands.

"What the..." Molly says, lost for words.

"Oh hey are you alright?" Melanie asks, "I'm so sorry I haven't seen you since the incident, at least it wasn't anything serious."

"Oh yeah, I'm sorry I'm not really sure what happened." I tell her slowly, many thoughts running through my head.

"Well I'm glad you're okay," she smiles.

"I'm sorry, I'm leaving now okay, and this whole time I thought you lived alone, I guess you're a liar too." Molly says in a sassy tone, before stomping away.

"I do live alone?" She says confused.

"Well someone might be in your house..."

"How would you know?" She cuts me off.

"Eh well we went looking for you and..." I start.

"Don't go snooping in others' business!" she says in an angry voice.

"I'm so sorry... We didn't mean harm... Well not really..." I nervously search for words.

"I'm not angry at you. Just know that if you want to live, don't go too deep into what  doesn't concern you."

"Um..."

"I fear for your life. Now I'm going to check on our little visitor, who I know has been here for quite a long time."

_________

Short update k
Cause I gtg to sleep now so....