| chapter 20 |

I open my eyes to the very familiar hospital room. I'm here. Again. I try to remember the last things that happened to me, but can't really get the hold of those memories. My head feels very heavy and I can easily tell that they put a lot of drugs into my body, probably for the pain.

Someone is sitting next to my bed but I can't seem to find the strength to get up. How long have I been here for?

"Acacia? Are you awake?" It's my dad's voice. I muster the strength to say yes and keep blinking so my vision clears up.

"A lot has happened. Why didn't you tell me about all this?" He asks me, very concerned.

"How long have I..." I manage to say slowly.

"It's been two days, you've been through a lot. Your wound is pretty deep, are you sure you're okay?" He asks. He looks like he cried. That immediately makes me feel so much worse.

"Someone is here to see you..." He tells me. Somebody? It's probably a family member or something.

"Acacia! Oh my goodness, are you okay?" It's Ruby. I manage to give her a small smile.

"Okay you've missed a lot. Don't worry I'll tell you everything that happened. So, um, what's the last thing you remember?" She asks.

"Being stabbed, and... Oh yeah, then I saw Molly, and Julie fell in front of me..." I try to remember more clearly but nothing comes up.

"Oh, right. So... What happened after we ran, it was pretty weird. Molly went after me, and yes she was about to kill me. She looked so evil one second, but the her face changed, she seemed in pain. She quickly told me to go and call the police. I did, obviously. She ran your direction, and I guess she ended up killing Julie." She tells me. My eyes widen.

"Killing?!" I blurt out.

"Yes... But in a way it was to save you, Julie could have done worse to you if it wasn't for Molly," she continues.
"Oh..."

"So, the police showed up. You were taken to the hospital and Molly was taken to jail. They searched the house, and here comes the weird part. They found loads of drugs. I'm telling you, drugs whose names I've never heard. I was so scared, I was also taken in for questioning," she says, "Molly ended up confessing and handing over a lot of evidence to the police. They found out the drugs they were taking included a lot of hallucinative ones and also some that made people more willing to follow others commands, or just to not have control of their bodies. Those drugs really messed with their heads."

My mouth is just open, I'm pretty much speechless. This wasn't something that I expected, but it also makes sense now.

"Molly and Tommy are being taken to a mental hospital because of how seriously messed up they are. I knew something was up, Molly just didn't seem normal. And, of course, Julie is dead. Oh yeah but there is good news, Melanie has been proven innocent. The confession Molly made pretty much wrapped up the whole case," Ruby tells me. I seem to have gained my voice back.

"All this, it's just too much. Everything happened so fast, it doesn't seem real," I tell her.

"Yes, but everything is going to be okay now. Everything has been solved doesn't worry," she grabs my hand and gives me a reassuring smile. I nod and smile back.

A week later I'm back at Melanie's house. It's pretty nice being like this, and I'm glad to say we are good friends now. She decided to take therapy now, to try to get rid of her mental disorder that still acts up once in a while. We were both pretty affected by the recent events, so that makes us even closer.

"I'm not sure that I should..." I tell Melanie as she hands me the phone. We made a call to talk to Molly, they told us she was a bit unstable but we could still try to talk to her.

"It's okay. She was your friend, and she saved you. Just check on her," she tells me. I nod.

"Um hello, Molly?" I talk into the phone.

"Acacia?! It's you. You don't understand... I'm trapped in this horrible place. And lately I've been seeing things... Things that just aren't possible. She... She won't leave... And ... Acacia. I... I think I'm crazy." Her voice sounds so different. I suddenly hear a shriek from her and drop the phone. Melanie quickly picks it up and looks at me.

"What's wrong?" She asks.

"Uh nothing... It was just her, she scared me a bit." I tell her, my heart beating quickly from the sudden scare.

"Yeah, we've been through a lot. Some things just won't be the same anymore, and you know how sorry I am from everything that has happened. Thank you for everything you did though. At least things will be a lot better now," Melanie gives me a smile. I smile back and then look out the window which she actually opens now.

Yes, maybe things are actually back to normal now.

_______

As always!!!! Please point out spelling mistakes and grammar mistakes!!!! Thx u very much <3

I'll tell you what's up on the next pg----->>

Thx for all your support and love always!!!!! ^.^