| chapter 15 |

The next day Melanie tells me she can't meet up with me. Something "came up". For some reason I find that hard to believe, coming from a girl who has chosen to keep to herself the past couple years.

The following days I hear no word from her either. I'm not sure if I should be worried or if I should go check on her. She told me to not visit anytime soon, so I decide to stay put. The days continue to be uneventful and quite. I find it peaceful in a way. No more murders. Yet.

Then, three weeks later, the fateful day comes. Police sirens are heard and I get a feeling of deja vu. It seems like there was another murder.

"Wait, what do you mean attempt to murder?" I question my dad as I follow him into the kitchen. He tells me the neighbors were talking about it, and that people were actually arrested.

"Are you sure you heard and saw right?" I ask him, raising an eyebrow.

"Acacia, if you are so curious why don't you just go ask yourself?" he tells me as he sits down to drink coffee.

My green eyes light up and I rush outside, I notice he rolls his eyes as I leave. I walk 6 houses down, towards the big group of familiar faces.

"Um, so what happened?" I ask no one in particular.

"This time no one got killed, thank the lord. It was an attempt though. Towards an innocent little girl. How can someone be so heartless? You know, society these days just doesn't know how to appreciate lives, or even cares about the innocence or purity of these young children. Its so good she's alive and finally we caught the serial killers. It was a team, which was unexpected. Made up of, of course, that witch girl who lives here and an extremely handsome young man," Ms. Jackie, an extremely perky 36-year-old and the biggest gossiper in town, automatically answers me.

"Witch girl?" I question.

"Yeah, you know, Melanie Martinez. And what was the boy's name? Tom? Tommy?" she continues, but I tune her off.

Melanie a murderer? What happened? This can't be true. She was probably framed. Yes, she probably tried to take care of the situation on her own but got caught in this.

I push through the crowd to get a look at the victim.

Its the teddy bear girl. And her older sister. The little girl stares off, emotionless.

On the contrary, the older girl is weeping and sniffling. She keeps exclaiming about how scared she was, but that she is happy she was at least able to call the police.

"Juliana, its okay, everything is alright now," the neighbors try to comfort her.

I start to turn around but the two girls notice me. The Juliana girl gives be that creepy smile again, which sends chills down my back. Then, the little girl gives me such a scary glare that I feel like running. I'm not sure if anyone notices it. I'm not even sure if I imagined it or not, as I completely feel out of it.

I walk away feeling nauseous and confused. I guess I should go to the police station now?

_____

I should be doing my homework right now!!! be grateful xD lol

yes its super late, but I'm the biggest procrastinator in the universe so expect it (that's why i'm doing my homework so late hahah *cries*)

ANYWAYS I HOPE YOU LIKE IT AND BLAH BLAH COMMENT VOTE
I LUV YOU ALL FOR BEING SO NICE AND STILL BE READING MY BOOK THAT RARELY GETS UPDATES!!!

(thats why you gotta love them cliffhangers xD)

as always: YOU GUYS ARE OFFICIALLY MY EDITORS, PLZ POINT OUT MISTAKES CUZ I'M TOO LAZY TO LOOK THROUGH THXXX