1 | Reset (起)

Four Years Later...

[ New York City, US ]

K i m J i n h e e

I saw the silhouette of a mysterious guy playing on the piano. The world enveloping around me was dark, and even though a source of light was shone above him, I still couldn't see his face. Yet it wasn't the first time to see his very existence.

That mysterious guy would usually play the piano quietly, but this time he turned to look at me and I saw tears trailed down his cheeks for the first time ever. Because of my curiosity, I took a step closer towards him, but my step halted when I saw his lips moved. He was saying something to me.

"I love you, Jinhee... Always have, always will."

"Hey, morning baby girl. Why are you sleeping on the couch?"

I slowly opened my eyes, and welcoming my view was my gorgeous boyfriend, Ray Carlton. I blinked sleepily and pulled him in, making him lay beside me on the couch as I snuggled into his embrace with a warm smile.

"I'm waiting for you to come back, Ray..." I whispered and looked at him once again. My smile slowly dropped when I saw Ray wore that look of guilt again whenever he made me wait on this couch for him to return home.

"Come on, Ray, don't give me that look." I pinched his nose playfully, making him laughed his contagious laugh.

Ray then caught my hand and married our fingers together. He brushed my cheeks gently as his scintillating grey eyes capturing mine, making me unable to look away. I didn't want to anyway, his mere presence was breathtaking enough and I couldn't waste any second to look anywhere else but him.

"I love you, Mia... You're the only thing in this world that's keeping me together." He whispered and kissed me on the lips. It was gentle and passionate. I loved how Ray was the only one who could make me feel this excitement, this strong love and this fluttering butterflies in my stomach.

"I'm tired. Let's sleep for a little while and we can have breakfast at your place later. Jasper is going to kill me for keeping you any longer." Ray whispered wearily as he carefully placed my head on his hard chest. I listened to his steady heartbeat, knowing that he already had his eyes closed.

"But Ray, I'm not sleepy anymore..." I whined out playfully and was about to raise my head from his chest, but Ray kept his hand on my head. He caressed my hair and locked me even tighter in his embrace.

"Mia..." He breathed out with his husky voice. I didn't dare to move anymore because I knew it was a soft warning from him, telling me not to move and stay whenever I was. I smiled widely against his chest, having the thought of escaping once Ray had fallen asleep, but the peaceful sound of his heartbeat somehow lulled me into my dreamland again.

● ● ●

Once I had freshly dressed up, I stepped down the stairs and looked around for Ray. But he was nowhere to be found. I smiled knowingly, guessing Ray was probably taking his time picking out his outfit. He had always cared about his fashion wherever he paraded himself out to the public, after all, he was the nation's hot top model.

Whenever I walked beside him, people would take a second look at him, whether it was men or women, they were all mesmerized by his beautifully-sculptured features.

I need you girl

Why do I love you alone and say farewell alone?

I need you girl