12 | Namjoon's Endeavor

K i m J i n h e e

I stepped out from the elevator to the parking basement and walked to my silver Benz. My car keys jiggled and echoed in the basement, making my mind wander off to yesterday's Masquerade party.

I remembered I almost fell off my three-inch high heel. Yeah, apparently that was how much a loser I was. But that was not the point. Thankfully, I managed to grab onto someone's shoulder to keep my balance.

I couldn't figure out who the man was as he had his face veiled behind a lace black mask. His muscular built sported an expensive-looking suit as it had gold-stitched designs that contrasted with dark back-color. It was like a designated suit for a royalty.

His appearance and ambiance were so mysterious, so recherché, that it irresistibly magnetized me towards him. But other than his enigmatic visage that had been affixed in my mind, his voice... His attractive, dark, raspy voice somehow kept ringing in my ears in a loop, as though I had hit a snooze button on it.

"Careful there, princess."

Only hearing those three words from his perfectly-sculptured lips, and his strong arm around my waist, I was completely enchanted. For the first time ever, I was intrigued by a stranger. I felt like I wanted to know more about that mysterious man. His ardent mien somehow breathed out a wave of familiarity over my heart.

But knowing how fate had always hated being on my side, I had missed the opportunity to express my gratitude, and also get to know him better. After he had balanced me on the ground, his lips slowly quirked up into a small smile over his intense brown eyes, then he gave me one of those charming nods and walked away.

At that moment, I could only stare at his back view. His gym-honed physique from behind looked so damn attractive, and his naturally groomed hot-toffee hair bounced at his graceful strides.

Wait, hot-toffee hair? Why among all hair colors in the world, it had to be hot-toffee color? Now it just reminded me of that Taehyung guy...

I let out a heavy sigh and quickly shoved away the thought of him, because the last thing that I wanted to be reminded of was the last encounter with him in his hotel room — the very night that actually made me question about my identity. Him, whose presence left a strong impact on me that without realizing, I became nervous even at the slightest thought of him.

Whenever the image of him lit up in my mind, I could literally feel the butterfly tattoo on my shoulder burning, as though the ink was reminding me who I really belonged to, and I couldn't run away because I was marked with his initials.

"Running away my princess?"

The sharp pain suddenly struck me, making my head erupt in blinding white pain, and the only thing that I could do was to grab my head in frustration and hold onto my car's hood for support.

"Why wouldn't I notice the girl that I'm craving the most?"

The illustration of picturesque Garden with night light that I saw in my dream flashed again into my mind, but this time, the blurry faces of the couple standing in front of the fountain turned crystal clear. I almost couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Taehyung and I were locking gazes ever so romantically, and ever so slowly, the distance got closer until we were lip-locked.

"Call me oppa."

The canvas shuffled to one luxurious bedroom, where I was seated at the bedside while Taehyung was laying on the bed with a teasing smile on his face.