28 | Detente with Jungkook

I quietly peeked into the hotel's luxury fitness room and saw two familiar faces inside. The room was pretty much vacant except for the two people who were engaging in a conversation while focusing on strengthening their muscles.

One of them, who was lifting the tiny two kilograms dumbbells in a serious manner noticed me and he lifted up a brow. I quickly put a 'shush' finger on my lips and gave him the silent signals that I needed to talk to the other guy who was still unaware of our soundless conversation. He let out a knowing smile and nodded.

"Jungkook-ah, I gotta go," Jin said and grabbed his towel on the chair. "Namjoon just texted me, saying he just broke something and needs my help."

"Ah, hyung!" the younger man whined out a little. "You said you will finish this training with me." He grunted as he released the stack of weights down and looked at Jin with a frown.

"There's just a few more reps, Jungkook. I will see you later." Jin just waved him off with his back on him and walked towards me. I smiled at him and high-fived him heartily, and he did the same. "He's such a baby." The eldest commented before he walked off to the guest elevator.

I held back my laughter so that Jungkook couldn't hear me. For a few minutes, I just continued spying on him. If anyone saw me, they'd probably thought that I was a stalker clad in black. I wanted to approach him, but somehow I felt nervous.

For the fact that, not only did I break his heart back in New York, but I broke his precious Iron Man toy too. Everyone knew how much Jungkook cherished his toy, and to the point of him bringing it for his concert tour, it probably meant so much more than we could understand.

I tried to come up with a plan in my little head while watching Jungkook silently from afar. But for the love of God, I couldn't think of anything when there was such a welcoming distraction in front of me. On top of that—his upper body was naked. Sweat ran in rivulets down his gym-toned physique as his muscles flexed at each of his movements.

I unintentionally gulped at the wonderful sight of the youngest doing his daily fitness. When he was done, he glided across the room with athletic grace, and suddenly his sharp gaze caught mine through the reflection in the mirror. A hint of surprise flickered across his eyes for a fraction of second before he hung his head low.

In a swift motion, he put on his black sleeveless top and sat on the chair. But through the mirror, I could see blush bloomed pink across his face, underneath each sweetly bunny cheek.

"Noona," he called out as he grabbed a towel and ruffled his black hair, "It's rude to stare, you know."

I stepped out from behind the wall and chuckled when he used the words back against me. "Well, you left the door open, Jungkook-ah. I just walked in and wanted to take a look."

"Do you need anything from me?" Jungkook was avoiding my eyes while gathering all his things and shoved it into his sports bag. As always, he didn't waste any time to escape from facing me.

"Yeah. Do you want to have dinner with me?" I asked, trying to sound brazen, even though my heart tightened a little in pain to hear the icy cold of his voice.

He slung the strap of his PUMA bag crosswise over his body before he sauntered his way towards me. "Thanks for the invitation, noona. But I'm on diet." He looked at me over his dark locks and gave me a stiff nod. "I will see you at rehearsals tomorrow."

"Jungkook-ah," I called out softly, grabbing onto his arm when he was about to brush past me. "I know that you are mad at me for a lot of things. But please, let me make it up to you, hm?" I pleaded and stood in front of him again. "Dinner? As bunny buddies."