6 | Kismet

I hated choices. Just like during an exam with multiple choice questions, you would end up stuck in between two choices. And at that moment, the only conclusion that you had in your mind was: Screw this.

That was the exact thought that I had at this moment of life. Screw this. I had long decided to create new memories. I had long decided not to remember anything from the past. So I'd adamantly stick to my decision, because it would be less complicated.

I'm sorry, Kim Jinhee, but you're dead. You were only in the past, it's time to say goodbye.

I smiled in satisfaction as I looked at my reflection in the long mirror. I had cut my long hair to middle length where it reached my shoulder perfectly. And I had also changed my brown hair color to Rose Gold. The color was beautiful, I absolutely loved it. I made a few poses with my new fashion style—black leather jacket with a white tee and a pair of torn jeans, matched perfectly with high boots.

I had made sure to choose an image where people would not even have the thought of asking 'are you Kim Jinhee?' question. Because I was a whole new pristine Kwon Mia that would embrace her new emotions. With a confident smile stretched upon my face, I grabbed my bag and the car keys before walking out from the penthouse.

As I entered my silver Benz, I heard my phone rang in my bag. I tried to fish out my phone while starting the engine with my other hand. I let out a small sigh when I saw the caller ID.

"Good morning, Mi Amor," Ray greeted on the other line with his cheery voice.

"Ray Carlton," I greeted him back, but not as cheery as he was because I had just slammed closed the car door with slight annoyance.

"Okay, you're using that tone. I think I know where this is going, and I'm going to kill Lorenzo," Ray cut me off as his voice sounded irritated, yet troubled by the way I acted at that moment.

I exhaled a little when he had guessed it right. Lorenzo had told me about this case where he tried to keep it away from my ears.

"Then why did you drop the charges against Big Hit? Their artist assaulted you, Ray. I'm pretty sure I told that guy who punched you, that he's going to pay the price."

There was a heavy silence in the line. Then, I heard Ray's long sigh. He was probably catching his head because of my stubbornness.

"Mia... Let's just forget about it, alright? I don't think I can handle the paparazzi if my name appeared in the headline. You remember how we had a rough last week because of our dating news, right?" Ray used his gentle voice, trying to convince me.

"But, Ray–"

"Mia... I'm doing this because I'm trying to protect you. If this news about me and BTS popped in the headline, the paparazzi will try their sneaky best to involve you in this scandal. I seriously don't want that. So please, can we drop this topic, baby?"

Baby. My heart literally melted when he called me that. I considered him for a moment before I let out a defeated sigh. Ray had made some points clear. I didn't want to deal with the paparazzi either. Last week had been a complete chaos because I had to detach myself from the swarm of paparazzi. Thankfully, the number had dwindled down now and I could finally have a bit of my personal space.

"Fine..." I finally conceded. I pursed my lips, trying to act nonchalant about it.

Because I knew there was another reason why Ray decided to drop the charges against Big Hit, that it probably had to do with the conversation that he had with Jasper on that particular night—that he said he would protect me from my very past, from all my bad memories.