17 | Locked

"Nice necklace you have there."

I snapped up when an emollient voice interrupted the unicorns' marathon playing inside of my head.

Nah, kidding.

It was actually a product of my nervousness, so I couldn't think of anything straight right now. I was so lost in my mind that the last thing I remembered was my family's villa. I think I had zoomed out for the whole journey in the train, and now only I came back to the real world.

I looked at Gayoung unnie, while my hand had found its way embracing the red tiger charm necklace inside of my palms.

Such action would instinctively happen only because of two reasons; because you are afraid the other person is interested in your necklace and would try to steal it from you, or you know you shouldn't have worn the necklace given by some good-looking guy and so, you turn defensive over it.

And at this moment, the latter sounded just right to clarify the situation I was going through. Because I was now looking at Gayoung unnie with wavering eyes, my brain cells fighting over each other to at least spew out a logical reason.

I didn't even know why I acted like I was caught red-handed, when it was just me, wearing a necklace given by him. And no, it didn't mean anything. I just felt like wearing it.

What? It's Gucci, people. Get over it.

"It's a l-lucky charm. You know, so that I can pass this interview, unnie." I uttered out quietly. I could feel the blood rushed up to my cheeks, yet I still tried my best to muster out a smile.

Gayoung unnie nodded and smiled kindly at me. "That particular 'someone' must be so important to you, seeing that you brought something belongs to that person to your big day."

I wished I could just say it didn't mean anything, but I held the urge to do so and forced out a smile at her. Because if I said anything more, it would only lengthen the conversation and threaten my secret about that specific 'someone' to be spilled.

As we were waiting for the receptionist to entertain us with a reply, I took my time appraising the pure interior of the building. It looked aesthetic and classic as the background was embellished with mix colors of white and soft grey.

Huge photos from the LED screen welcomed me. Music Videos and photos played on the screen, and I found myself pulling my brows together when the stunning images of BTS were displayed on every each of the big screens.

I didn't expect that the boys would be so popular that even Vogue Korea had decided to choose BTS as the facade of their office. But then, who am I kidding? Even the HQ of Vogue in United States had interviewed BTS and wrote a remarkable article about them after they have earned the honorable award on Billboard.

"Sorry for the long wait, Gayoung unnie. Our boss has returned to his office, and he's now waiting for your arrival." The gorgeous receptionist named Areum gestured courteously to the direction as she speaks with a friendly smile.

Gayoung unnie and I both thanked her with a nod and made our way up. I clasped my hand together as it felt like my blood was slowly turning into ice cold because of the nervousness that was consuming my veins.

"Mia, are you ready to nail this interview?" Gayoung unnie asked me, at the same time, cutting off the chant that I had been memorizing in my head for the past few hours.

"Yes, unnie. I will never disappoint you," I assured her with a wide smile. Yet I knew deep inside I might not be as assuring as I sounded.