31 | The Warmth of Family (转)

The morning light reflected against the polished tiles as I gently pushed the glass door of Yongsan Tower open. Every step that I took was light and sprightly as I felt fresh as a daisy after having eight hours of sleep. Like, finally. I think the last time that I had enough sleep was before I joined the company.

It had been a week after we all landed safely in Korea. After the concert tour, CEO Bang had gathered all the teams to prepare for BTS' comeback in September. I was not surprised because I knew very well how the entertainment industry worked. We kept striving and never stopped because that was the only way to bring cash into the company.

As of today, CEO Bang had given his artists and staff their weekend off, probably after he'd witnessed how everyone almost turned into a zombie state in every corner of the company. Thus, he dismissed us early yesterday evening.

I pressed the elevator and waited patiently for the elevator to arrive while holding onto a box of chocolate cake on my other hand. I came here to give Taehyung a surprise visit. It was my first time visiting his place as we'd only reconciled during the tour, and now, I felt like I wanted to give a reward to him after he'd recovered from his fever.

I looked around the lobby and raised a brow when I noticed there was a small flower shop next to this apartment building. Through the high-ceiling glass window, I could see the banner of the shop with beautifully carved italics words 'YMH Flower Gift'.

Like a little child getting distracted by a wonderland of toys, I looked up to check on the elevator. When it displayed the 20th floor moving downwards, I did not bother to think twice and quickly abandoned the ride.

With a happy smile on my face, I entered the flower shop with full of excitement. It was like a perfect vista of Eden-green. Warm lights hanging on the ceiling, making the flower petals glinted as if golden dust had been scattered over it. I guessed I'd never get tired of flowers, especially their sweet fragrance.

"Morning, young miss. How may I help you?" A sweet voice greeted me from behind, making me turn away from the blue hydrangeas-white roses mixed bouquet that had my attention.

An elderly woman, looking like she's in her mid-40s with kind features welcomed my view. She was fixing her baby pink apron, and when she looked up, I flashed her a sweet smile.

"I'm thinking of buying this bouquet for my boyfriend who just recovered from his sickness," I said, pointing at the beautifully-wrapped bouquet with enthusiasm. "But then, I'm not sure if he'd like it..."

I touched the flowers softly with my fingertips and still smiled like an idiot as I tried to imagine Taehyung's reaction if he received these flowers from me.

I was expecting the lady to give out her opinion, but when only silence reigned in, I turned around to face the lady and was perplexed to see her warm brown eyes widened in surprise, a breathless gasp escaping her mouth.

"Ma'am?" With knotted brows, I looked at the lady in wonder, but she only recoiled away with fingers touching her parted lips.

"J-Jinhee?" She called my name, and something touched my heart when I heard it.

This time, I began to look at her closely, and when I finally recognized the similarity in her face, a cold shiver coursed down my spine. It was like I was looking into a mirror, she was my reflection—only with soft wrinkles in the corner of her eyes and mouth. For a few moments, neither spoke a word, our eyes never leaving each other.

"My daughter..." She began approaching me and gently cupped my cheeks with tears pooled in her eyes. "Y-you are here... You are alive..." She observed my face with such sadness that brought my heart to my heel.