23 | The Miracle of Her

Taehyung had sculpted out a beautiful lie for me

"Goodnight, Jinhee. I will see you tomorrow."

That was the seven words Taehyung had uttered out after he'd escorted me back safely to my hotel room. We looked into each other's eyes for a fleeting second, and then, without any words said, he finally walked away from me.

But three days had passed, and it seemed like the tomorrow that he meant would never come.

He didn't talk to me, like how he used to. He was all dark and quiet, that people began to worry if something was bothering him.

He didn't look at me, like how he used to. Even though it was in a discreet manner, I noticed how he'd try to avoid my eyes. He'd only focus either on his phone, his laptop, or on his dance practices.

And most important of all, he didn't smile at me, like how he used to. The curve of his lips was firm, and even though he smiled, it was one of those that didn't reach his eyes.

Silently, I had wondered. How do I actually deal with this? I huffed out a frustrated sigh as I hung the stage outfit on the pale white clothes rack.

These overthinking thoughts were slowly driving me over the edge. It was only a matter of time that I would soon lose my last strand of sanity.

"You've been doing that a lot, unnie."

I flickered my gaze on Micha who was sitting on the bed. She didn't look at me as she was smudging some products on the back of her delicate hand. A MacBook on top of her pillow; showcasing a makeup tutorial, and various colors of makeup brushes scattered over the plain bed sheet.

"Doing what?" My eyebrows crinkled, couldn't understand her statement.

She stopped and glanced at me for a brief second. Then she puffed out a chuckle before proceeding with her solitary activity.

"Sighing," she finally said.

I blinked a few times at her as realization slowly dawned upon me like solved puzzles. No wonder she kept turning to look at me for the past few days. I didn't know that I had been bothering her with my unconscious sighs.

But this time, with the intention that it would be the last time, I let out another long sigh. Micha pressed her lips at this.

I sat crossed-leg on the floor by the bedside and plopped my face down on the bed, deliberately trying to suffocate myself, so that I could gasp for as much air as I could and hope that it could make the heaviness in my chest dissipate.