Chapter 15: Running Out Of Time

Sky's P.O.V
I open my eyes, seeing a room. I sit up slightly, this is Ian's, Jerome's, and Quentin's place. I lay back down on the couch on my back. KK is sleeping on the other couch in this room. I stare at the ceiling. My memories...they are coming back but all I heard are voices in my head. No faces, no anything. And what I usually get is info that I feel like I don't want to know. Like some useless recipe for a potion. I want more then that. I don't want to remind a empty shell of lies.

But that's the crowning jewel.

Brine..oh no. I look over at KK. I can't just leave her alone, but I can't be near any of them when Brine is out. I get off the couch and collapse to my knees instantly.

But I want to play with your new friends Sky.

I clench my fists putting them on the floor. I can feel him trying to take control of me. I never said all of my new memories were useless. I did get some advice of controlling Brine. But they never call me anything. I squeeze my eyes shut and take a few deep breaths. The key to keeping him caged is relaxing and focusing. I always panic whenever he tries to take control.

You can't cage me Sky. I'm a part of you. I'm you.

That's not who I really am though.

"S-Sky?" A voice asked. I feel hands on my shoulders. "Is he trying to take over again?" It's Kyra. "Bury him down. Don't let him take control." I feel her arms wrap around me.

You can't bury me forever. Your new friends are a problem. I was okay with the girl since she did nothing, but your new friends are threatening to me.

He's starting to take control! No. Not here.

"I need to go." I said. I get out of Kyra's arms and leave the house. I run away and hear my name being called.

I will not allow you to remember who you were Sky.
Ty's P.O.V
I see the girls coming. I lean my head back and look at the sky. Ellie sits next to me.

"Where's Seto?" Asada asks.

"Inside, asleep." I said. Asada goes inside.

"Did you really mean it when you said you were done with being a Guardian?" Farla asks. I look at her.

"I'm surprise you even care Farla." I said. She gets a confused expression on her face.

"Umm..what? I always cared Ty." She said. I look at the sky again.

"Yeah right." I said quietly.

"What's wrong with you?" Farla asks. It actually sounds like she cares, when she doesn't. It's an angel thing. They only tend to care about certain people. Others are completely invisible to them and I'm always in that category. Jason moves a little. My eyes look down at him.

"Jason woke up by the way." I said.

"He did?" Farla asks sounding happy. She kneels down next to him. Jason's eyes open. I feel Ellie's hand move on my arm. Mitch comes outside and stares off into the distance.

"Ty..you said you wouldn't let Brine hurt me right?" Mitch asks. I look at Mitch.

"Is he near?" I ask. Mitch nods. I stand up.

"Your not gonna let him touch me, right?" Mitch asks.

"Ellie go inside." I said. Ellie nods and goes inside.

"Ty?" Mitch asks. I look at Mitch. I grin and he takes a step away from me.

"You're the bait, remember?" I ask. Mitch nods a little. I look out in front of us. I have this bad feeling. I take a few steps out and look around. It's nighttime, so Brine shouldn't be hard to spot. My eyes stop at a group of trees. My wings unfold and I stare dead at them. "Get inside you two." Farla stands up.