Chapter 24: Arguing

Jason's P.O.V
I stare at the window from my spot on the floor. I lean my back against the wall. Ty and Seto are talking to Sky. The others are downstairs. I look over at the book in the chair. I bite my bottom lip back a little. I look at Sky. I feel bad. Really bad. Ty is taking the full blame for what happened to Adam, but I helped him. I hang my arms around my knees.

"You okay Jason?" Seto asks. And it's my fault we almost lost Seto. I'm always the one to screw up, and then they fix it for me and blame the stupid curse on it. The curse isn't to blame. It's me. It's always me. I smile.

"Yeah." I said. What to expect really...they are all older then me. I'm the youngest. Yet Notch always said that age doesn't matter. Us four are a team he said. Are we? Are we really? I look outside again.

"Jason. Are you sure your okay?" Ty asks. I look at them. They are all looking at me concerned.

"You guys do realize how much better you are without me right?" I ask. Sky gets off the bed and sits down next to me.

"No Jason. No. We need you. You helped us in the past like the rest of us do." He said. I stand up and take a few steps away from Sky. How can Sky say that? He doesn't even remember it.

"The curse is always in the way. It's because of me that it is." I said. Ty gets off the bed as well.

"Whoa Jason. That's not your fault you can't control it." He said. I stare at Ty for a second.

"Before, you blamed me." I said.

"I never said that. Jason you belong in the team." Ty said.

"Since when have we actually been a team. Since when did we do anything that involved teamwork." I said. They don't say anything. "Seto was against trapping Adam in the Nether. I had my doubts but I went along with you Ty. I'm just as much as to blame as you are for what happened to Adam."

"I'm the one who did it Jason. You stayed back-"

"And I did nothing to stop you. I should have. Then maybe Adam wouldn't have had amnesia." I said. I look at Sky. He is staring at the ground.

"I hit him on the head Jason. You didn't. I cause it." Ty said.

"I got a question then for you two." Sky asks. We look at him.

"What?" I ask.

"Why did you two say that you would help me, right after you never came back? You three abandoned me. Left me unconscious in the Nether with amnesia. I didn't know who I was or even where I was when I woke up. Why did you three lie to me?" He asks.

"First of all Sky." Ty started. "Do not blame Seto. We knocked him out. I think."

"You did Ty." Seto said.

"Okay I did." Ty said. Sky looks at us.

"Where have you three been?" He asks. I looks at the floor. I don't know actually. No where specific.

"I was in the End with Ellie." Ty said kind of quiet. I look at Seto.

"I wish I was somewhere else then where I was for that time period." He said.

"I don't know Sky. The curse was just consuming me. I felt like was half dead before Farla found me." I said. Sky looks at the floor.

"Nice to know you three actually care about me. Which you don't. You can't make a promise like that and just leave me. You all turned on me." He said.

"Don't blame Seto. He tried to fix you then and there but couldn't. But your the one that turned on us first." Ty said.

"Ty." I said. Sky looks at Ty and tehn stands up.

"Coming from the guy who almost killed me." Sky said. Ty takes a few steps towards Sky and I quickly run between them and stop Ty.

"Guys no fighting." I said.

"You almost tried to kill me before." Ty said. I look at Seto for help. He gets off the bed.

"This isn't gonna help anyone. Guys we have a job to do, we can't be arguing with each other." He said. Ty looks at Seto. 

"What has Minecraftia done for us Seto? Besides forget us. They built a statue of you cause you came Cilen Village's aid." Ty said.

"I didn't ask them to do that. They did it. Don't you guys remember that oath Notch made us take? At least Ty and Jason should remember it." He said. I look at the floor.

"I do. Mitch, Kris, Ashley, Ian, Jerome, Quentin, Farla, Ellie, Kyra, and Asada need us to help them fix Minecraftia." I said. I look at Ty.

"I said I was gonna leave after we fixed you two up." Ty said.

"You can't." Sky said. I take a step back and lean against the windowsill.

"Why?" Ty asks.

"We won't go to the Aether, Ty. We won't make you." I said. Ty looks at me.

"What are you talking about?" He asks.

"I overheard what you said to Farla. You don't want to help us cause you think we are just gonna go back to the Aether. We're not." I said.

"Is there something about the Aether he doesn't like?" Sky asks looking at me. Ty looks at the floor.

"I like the End more then the Aether and the Nether." He said.

"Well anything is better then the Nether." Seto said. I see Ty smile a little.

"Can we make a deal then Ty?" I ask. Ty looks at me.

"What?" He asks.

"We just need your help this once. Then you can go back go the End. We won't make you go to the Aether." I said. Ty pauses for a moment. He looks at us.

"Fine." Ty said.

Ashley's P.O.V
"Alright now that Sky's memory is back, let's go." Kris said to me. I look at the floor. "What's wrong now?"

"I want to stay." I said. Kris grabs my arms, making me look at her.

"Ashley that's crazy talk. They all are crazy. I didn't mind staying here till his memory returned cause you helped him. But we got problems of our own to solve." She said. She lets go of my arms. I stare at the floor. "Would you stop looking down so much? You just want to stay because of Mitch." I look at her, blushing a little.

"No I don't." I said.

"Yes you do." She said. Okay that is a small part of it but not the whole picture in my mind.

"I want to stay cause I want to help." I said.

"We helped enough." She said.

"You mean I did. You did nothing but complain. I helped bring Sky's memory back." I said. Kris crosses her arms. "Can't we stay a little longer? I feel more comfortable here then I ever have anywhere else." She looks at me for a second and then signs.

"Okay. Fine." She said.