Blue

"Why did we think this was a good idea?"  Dan mumbled, hands on hips looking at the splattered wall.

Phil looked up from his crouched position, blue paint dotting his black fringe, "We?  You were the one who decided that white was too boring of a color.  I was fine with it." 

Dan sighed and stifled a thin laugh wiping away his sweat with a hand only to leave a trail of blue, "But it is."

"I know, I know, you're the successful one with your art and stuff."  Phil waved his paint brush rolling his eyes to receive a chuckle from Dan.  

"It's not 'art and stuff'."  Dan crossed his arms, "I happen to be a very well known designer featured in British Vouge multiple times." 

Phil huffed, "I've seen better."  He would mess around with his husband like this.  Seeing Dan get all flustered over simple things made him laugh.

"Excuse me, mister."  Dan started his voice raising in sound, "I've done so much for the fashion industry, I mean, I'm the one-"

"I know, I know,"  Phil smiled as Dan's face fell realizing that Phil was playing, "You're the best." 

"I am, and I couldn't do anything without you."  Dan's eyebrows pulled up a bit as he watched Phil.  The look of young love still swirled in his eyes as bright as the first day they met, "I mean, what would I do without you?"

"You wouldn't have had the best runway model ever."  Phil laughed, "But I'm glad I'm done with that."

"I don't know why."  Dan shook his head, "I mean, come one, you don't look a day over twenty-one and I'd love to have you walk again." 

"Because I'm past those days babe."  Phil sighed, he was getting older, much older.  But he was okay with that because the next chapter in both of their lives is going to be just as exciting. It doesn't even matter that they are getting older, as long as they have each other, "I don't want to do it anymore, lots of stress."

"Come on, you just had to look pretty and walk."  Dan smiled as if he was remembering a few years back, "And occasionally smile for a camera."

Phil let out a loud laugh, "It was more than that.  Especially because you would stress, and when you stressed I stressed."

"Okay, that's true." Dan nodded, "But you have to do something." 

"If you're implying I go back to making videos, you're dead wrong."  Dan would always do this.  He would push Phil to do more and more when all Phil needed was some rest.  He's done enough in his life and now he needs to relax.  He was happy with that, Dan, on the other hand, was not, and that's okay.  He loves the fast paced lifestyle of being a famous designer ex-YouTuber, "Besides you do remember why you decided to paint this room blue, right?"

"Yes."  Dan dropped his paint roller on the ground and glided over to Phil pulling at his hands so that they both were standing, "You're going to be the best father."

"I don't know.  If I'm the best then that means you'd be number two and I know how well you take losing."  Phil looked up at Dan's eyes.  He blinked slowly a smile creeping up on his face.

"Shush, we'll tie for number one."  Dan's hands were wet from the paint and Phil knew his palms would be covered in the light shade of blue as well. 

Dan pulled away and looked back up at the wall, "I'm thinking of painting something here too." 

"When are you going to find the time?"  Phil asked.

"I don't know, this weekend,"  Dan said his eyes still trained on the spot, Phil bets there's a million thoughts running around inside of his mind. 

"You have to attend that gala this weekend."  Phil promptly reminded him.

"Shit, you're right.  I need to find out what I'm wearing for that and finish other people's looks."  Dan looked back over at Phil, "How can I raise a kid when I can't even keep track of myself?"  Dan started breathing heavily, "I mean, I have so many things to do how can I make time? I know you're staying home but that's unfair.  You can't be the only one in his life and I-"

Phil cupped Dan's face smearing blue on him as he did so and kissed him.  Dan's shoulders relaxed and he melted into the kiss.  It was short and warm and Dan pulled away too soon for Phil's liking.

"That's why you married the number one parent in the world, duh."  Phil smiled as Dan shook his head a grin appearing on his face too, "but seriously, it's fine.  You'll just have to slow down.  Take off of some appearances and create a smaller season line." 

"Alright."  Dan nodded but his eyes were still showing a hint of fear, "What if I can't be a good dad?" 

"Shut up."  Phil laughed, "You're going to be perfect.  I can bet you.  Do you really think I would agree to raise a kid with someone who I wasn't one hundred percent sure of?" 

"I don't know." Dan pursed his lips, "What would I do without you, seriously though?"

"Not sure, also you have a little blue on your face." Phil points out referring to the blue finger streaks on his cheeks.

Dan rolls his eyes and picks up his paint roller splattering some blue onto Phil.

An: Aye this was fluffy and not smutty at all.  It's kinda shitty and whatever but the concept is there (i've seen lots of Tumblr AUs where people make fashion Dan and blogger Phil etc, etc so I took my own spin on it) 

(also if anyone comments anything regarding 'daddy' i will block you. (not really, but why???) 

-i didn't edit this that well, there might be mistakes-