ive been alone too long

Dan rolled over to see Phil's eyes begin to drift open.  As soon as they made eye contact a lazy smile pulled into Phil's face, "good morning," he whispered in his raspy morning voice.

"Good morning, dear," Dan cupped Phil's face for a moment then sat up slowly.  Stretching Dan was just about to stand up when a pair of strong arms wrapped around his waist pulling him back.

Dan groaned but laughed lowly, "come on, I got to get ready."

"Mmm," Phil sighed into Dans ear, "can't we just cuddle for a minute?"

Dans heart swelled as Phil's warm embrace coddled him gently.  Soaking in the moment for a minute Dan pried Phil's arms away, "I'm already late," standing up once again Dan got out his straightening iron and turned it on.

"Uhg."  Phil groaned, "can't you just reschedule?"

"Reschedule a meeting with YouTube when it takes months to book an appointment to snuggle with you?" Dan rolled his eyes but saw a look of pain in Phil's, "oh come on."  Dan jumped back onto the bed and cupped Phil's face, "it won't be that long."  Looking deep into his eyes Dan admired how even in this dim light they shone, "plus when I get home we can have a nice dinner and maybe a movie?"

Phil smiled, "and then maybe something after?"

"Jesus Christ."  Dan shoved Phil away, "and to think I was just about to kiss you."

"Oh come on."  Phil pouted, he was in such a whiny mood today. Dan didn't mind, in fact he actually liked the fact Phil was going to miss him.  It fueled the self esteem fire he needed to survive.

Dan turned to his mirror and began to do his hair.  He couldn't help but smile when he saw Phil behind him in the reflection.  He was wearing just his pajama pants and his hair was all over the place.  God, he was so breathtakingly beautiful in the morning. And afternoon, and heck, let's just say he's always stunning.  He rested his head in the dip of Dans shoulder and his arms fell comfortably around his waist. 

"I really wanted that kiss."  His breath was warm and traveled up Dans neck.

"Careful, I have an iron in my hand."  Dan laughed and pushed him away.

Phil didn't seem to get his point because his hands were trailing up Dans back.  Pulling the straightener out of his hair Dan cringed his neck away so that he was facing Phil, "seriously?"

"Come on dear, I love you."  Phil crossed his arms revealing his biceps.  Dan bit the inside of his cheek. 

"Fuck you."  Dan responded and went back to his hair.

"That wasn't the reaction I was hoping for?"  Phil laughed.

"Sorry, I just.  I got to get ready.  My ride is coming in ten minutes and I still need to make time to eat and get dressed."  Dan stated firmly.

"Fine."  Phil lifted up his hands, "you win." 

Dan put down his straightener and grabbed Phil's neck pulling him into a deep kiss.  Phil placed his hands on Dans shoulders and let them fall to his arms.  Dan felt his heart beat quicken, it did this every time they kissed.  Without fail, Phil could make him feel like his chest would explode. 

Pulling away Dan went back to his hair, "okay.  You got your kiss."

"What happened to ten minutes?" Phil raised an eyebrow.

"I decided that you were worth a minute of it."  Dan smiled as he felt blush flood his cheeks.

"What do you want for breakfast?"  Phil asks, a smile cemented onto his face.

"Toast'll work."  Dan nodded and wondered how he got so lucky.

"Dan?" Phil asked but his mouth wasn't moving, "Dan?"

Jumping Dan opened his eyes to see Phil standing in front of him.  The room was pitch black except for the television casting colorful shapes across the room.

"You fell asleep on the couch again." Phil smiled. 

Oh yes.  Here Dan was.  Pathetically dreaming about his friend who he desperately wished was more than a friend.  All the while he was with his boyfriend on a date.

"Oh."  Is all Dan could say when he wanted to say more.  Wanted to say, 'actually Phil. I love you and have for years now and thinking about you with your boyfriend kills me so instead I distract myself with the television until I fall asleep.'

"Come on, I'll help you to your bed." Phil still wore that signature smile as he hoisted Dan up off the couch.  Planting an arm around his shoulder Dan felt their bodies against each other and sighed.  He wished they were so much closer.

Phil lead Dan to his room and gently placed him in his bed. Dan got one last look at him before drifting off to sleep hoping they'd see each other in his dreams.

An: wow, what's up. It's been literally forever? But I have the best excuse for why I've been absent for so long. I fucked up my hip playing softball and it's been a really rough week for me. With 5 hours in the er and my birthday and trying to rest my hip.  I have to walk on crutches and everything. It's pretty awful. Not to mention the medicine I'm on makes me sleep sooooo much. But I've finally updated so yay!!