More Than Anything

The window made for a wonderful view even at night, especially at night.  Dark trees stood tall looming over the world in a peaceful way.  The waves from the lake had calmed now making the water a thin strip of shining glass, still a dark blue. 

Dan was laid out besides him, the moonlight casting long drapes of warm grey over his bare chest.  Phil had never felt more at peace.  His side curved to the shape of the bed, his arm propping him up. They were focused on nothing but each other.  No matter how long they had been together that feeling never died.  That love, the lust, the admiration.  If anything the more they were together the stronger it grew. 

Dan shifted slightly causing his neck to become blanketed in the light.  Dark steaks falling under his collarbone.  Reaching a hand out slightly Phil still felt the twist in his stomach.  The rolling of warmth through his chest.  His fingers grazed Dans side, he enjoyed his warmth.  Phil was sure no one has ever felt so complete.  No one in the world felt what he felt.  The constant strain in his heart when Dan wasn't near.  How when he saw him after long absences, the giddiness of a teenage relationship flowed deeply.  They were absolutely in love. 

Phil sighed brushing back up to Dans face where his hair fell into his eyes.  With a quick stroke Phil pushed back his long locks so he could see his face clearer.  He wanted to stay in this moment forever.  Everything was perfect right now. 

Dans lips curved up as his mouth parted, "I missed you."  The simple words were not so simple to them.  Their busy schedules forced them away for far too long.  Phil was aching for Dan more than he has for anyone ever.  More than anything ever.  He didn't know anything he loved more. 

Phil pressed his lips up to a small smile, "you were away too long." 

For a few moments the only sound that occupied the space was their breathing.  In and out their chests fell at different rhythms.  In and out air pooled into Phil's lungs.  Breathing was easier with Dan, everything was easier with Dan, "far far too long." 

"Let's stay here and never go back."  Phil moved forward so that he could intertwine himself with Dan.  His stomach pressed firmly against Dans.  One hand in his hair the other curled in front of his face.  His body was like a gift from the heavens.  Every curve and edge more beautiful than the last.  The dip in his chest, the lines of his faintly seen ribs.  Phil wanted to stay here and kiss him until he couldn't feel his mouth anymore.  Lie in the bed and just hold him in his arms.  Make love to slow rock songs.  Let the world wash away peacefully like the waves to the shore.  They would share this moonlit haven forever. 

Dan smiled at that, Phil loved to see him smile.  He arched his neck back like he did when he was deep in thought.  Pupils blown and spine twisted, "hmmm."  Phil never thought that someone's humming could send shivers through his body.  But here Dan is, "I think I'd like it.  But.."

"But what?"  Phil's lips turned up in a smile as he rested his hand on Dans lower stomach, between his own.

"But I think I would like to see your reaction of Japan."  Dan concluded.  Phil knew what he was talking about, he didn't need to say anymore.  It's been Phil's life long dream to visit Japan but he was a broke college kid and Dan was the same. 

"Okay, leave for a quick Japan visit or two."  Phil concluded pushing his face closer so that he could take in Dans smell.  That familiar scent of lavender shampoo mixed with a musky aftershave.   But past that, under the artificial products was Dans skin.  It was something Phil would never admit to loving so much.  Pressing his nose to Dans neck Phil breathed in. 

"Sounds like a plan."  Dan replied slowly his hand finding Phil's neck.  Swallowing hard Phil felt his body relax as the tips of his fingertips brushed against his jaw. 

"I have never loved anyone or anything as much as I love you."  Phil whispered pulling his neck back to look at Dan.  The weight of the words were too heavy to be spoken in a conversational voice.  They stood on their own well enough. 

A deep blush curled over Dans cheeks, "how do you always find the right words for how I feel?"

Phil shrugged the best he could from his awkward position and closed his eyes.  He needed to soak in this moment for as long as he could because they both knew they really couldn't stay here forever.

An: I went to my Aunts cabin for a lil family vacation and because I'm trash I imagined what Dan and Phil would be doing in that situation.