Chapter Twenty-Eight - The Eldest Brother

Trin

It has been two whole weeks since Cas had first been brought to the hospital. There had been absolutely no improvement. However Bob and the rest of the socials that had been there had officially been arrested for the attempted murder of Dean and the stabbing of Castiel. At least one good thing had come of this whole ordeal, which meant that Cas and Dean didn't have to deal with the psychotic posh assholes anymore.

But Dean couldn't enjoy the fact that the socials finally got what they deserves because he was too busy worrying about Castiel every minute of every day. His dad made him go to school but every morning and every evening, every chance that he could get he would be by the boys bedside.

Dean would read from Castiels favourite books and play the radio whenever castiels favourite songs came on. Sometimes Dean would sing along out of his own boredom and every time there always seemed to be an increase in the boys heartbeat.

Sometimes Dean would draw on castiels hands, just little things that he knew Cas would love if he was awake, but every morning when Dean came back, the drawings would always be gone; rubbed off by the nurses.

One of these days, Dean was just sat on the chair beside castiels bed, his elbows rested on the mattress and he rested his head in his heads, just talking quietly to Castiel.

"Do you think he can hear you?" A voice came from behind Dean, by the doorway. Dean spun around quickly, recognising the voice to see Michael standing in the doorway, looking slightly worried.

It was strange to see Michael there, because he hadn't actually been to see Castiel the whole time he he been in hospital. Dean didn't know whether to let him inside of to shout and scream at him to get out, so instead he just stayed quiet as Michael walked in.

He sat down on the other chair by the other side of Castiels bed, opposite Dean. Michael stared up at him but Dean only looked back calmly, not showing any emotion on his face. Once Michael knew that Dean wasn't going to back down, he looked down at Castiel and his face fell, a lump formed in his throat and he lifted up a hand to put it on castiels arms.

"I know you think that I hate him." Michael says to Dean without looking up from Castiel. "It's not true. He's my brother. I just hate who he has decided to fall in love with." Michael looks up at Dean and grimaces.

"Why?" Dean asks steadily. "What is wrong with me?"

"Not you alone." Michael snapped and rolls his eyes. "The greasers as a whole."

"Why?" Dean asks again and Michael sighs as he looks back down at Castiel.

"Darry and I used to be best friends in school." He replies quietly after a few moments of silence. "Used to get along like a house on fire, and for once the socials and greasers were actually civil with each other."

"What happened?" Dean asks after Michael stops for a moment. The man shrugs and sniffs before snorting slightly.

"Well, as all normal young men do, we became obsessed with women."

"Normal." Dean spat out the word.

"Dean, being homosexual is illegal. I'm never going to agree with it."

Dean crossed his arms and pouted slightly as Michael sighed and leant back in his chair.

"Anyway, as I was saying. We were playing around with girls, and then this new girl came along. She was beautiful and blonde and had the sweetest smile." Michael reminisced while Dean made a face as if he was being sick. "Do you want me to tell this story or not?" Michael snapped.

"Fine fine, go ahead." Dean waved him on.

"We both started liking the same girl, and as it turns out she was dating us both. Neither one of us wanted to give her up so we argued and fought over her. It was safe to say that the socials and greasers were no longer friends, in fact, after the huge fight we had in the middle of school it was safe to say that we were no longer civilised at all."