The Summer Before he Left

Prologue

He doesn't know I'm here. He has no clue, this was a terrible idea what were you thinking. You can't just show up like this hoping for a miracle, he probably doesn't want you here to remind him of the past. Just let him be, turn around and go home then everything will be fine... What are you thinking! You can't just turn around now! You know you will regret that decision.

My mind was running at 100 miles per hour as I sat there. Waiting. For what seamed like forever. I keep pulling out my phone to see the time and am disappointed to see its only been three minutes. I tried everything to keep my mind calm; I looked at instagram, ifunny, and wattpad, I played solitaire on my phone, and I looked through all my old pictures. The pictures, I found out, weren't a good idea as my heart started racing seeing the memories from that summer and thinking why that had to end.

After an hour and 27 minutes of waiting, he was finally here. My anxiety level rows as I saw him coming into view down the hall. As he stepped out of the gate he looks around as if he was looking for someone. He hadn't seen me yet. I could feel sweat starting to form on my forehead as I was watching him. He had changed, a lot. Everything about him seemed almost unfamiliar. He looked more calm, worn out, and older. It wasn't like him.

My heart then stopped as he saw me standing there waiting for him. And in that moment all the memories of that summer came rushing back.