Chapter 6: Drew

"I saw this coming. It was bound to happen sometime. They think I'm....a man cougar... Yes painful to say.  But they just don't get it, they probably never will. What does an 18 year old want with a 15 year old anyway.. I'm not exactly sure if she will ignore me now though. What if she stops talking and hanging out with me? I can't lose her."       

            After talking to her last night about her parents and everything my mind had been going on and on about all these different questions and what ifs. I could barely sleep because I didn't know what would happen with us next. Kind of like anxiety maybe? But I have never had bad anxiety before though. I've been waiting for a text, a call, something, anything from her but it hasn't came. This has probably been one of the longest mornings ever.

           Finally around 1 my phone went off. I immediately picked up my phone and saw who it was from. It was from Blair, I let out a sigh of relief and opened the message.

           "Hey we need talk. I need to tell you some things."

           Oh god.. here it goes... I responded to her with "Uh okay, what about?" I waited there anxiously for a reply and then after 5 minutes my phone went off again and opened the message.

         "So I think we should hang out tonight! Lol I scared you didn't I? I know I did! But anyways, late night movies? Oh and I actually do need to talk to you about some actual things in person there too, and it's not about my parents if that's what you are thinking."

          That moment of sudden realization to where you know she knows something she wasn't supposed to know.. Or maybe not.. Maybe that's not what she is thinking of.

           "What if your parents find out?"

            "It's worth being with you, and plus you have to watch the Notebook remember?!?!"

             "Yeah, I remember, I just don't want you to get hurt because of me."

              "I want to be with you, so be happy! Feelin like a rebel for the first time in awhile! Feeling proud!"

            "Lol okay just be careful. Being a rebel can sometimes come back to haunt you."

             "What's that supposed to mean?"

              "Um, nothing." I quickly dropped the subject and then waited the rest of the day for the night to come. I cleaned up the house, and went to the Fast Mart to get the Notebook and Paranormal Activity 4 from red box. I bet those would be a good movie combination. When I got home I sat out some popcorn and hot chocolate mix even though it was the middle of the summer, it just seamed like something you would see in a movie.

              Around 1:30 am I finally got the text. "Comin' you better be ready for this! Oh and I forgot to tell you about the movie website I was going to watch the movie from since I don't have it. So see you soon!"

            I went outside and waited on the deck as she dove in and swam across. When she approached I helped her out of the water and greeted her with a towel. We walked across the deck and to the door. She looked around.

            "Your place is nice, I like it." She said as we walked up the stairs entering the TV room.

             "Thanks." I said walking over the movies. "I hope you don't mind, I got Redbox. The Notebook and Paranormal Activity 4? Does that sound good to you?"

             "Interesting combo."

             "I know, it's great! I will start making the popcorn and hot chocolate."