Chapter 7: Blair

Think of the most beautiful picture you have ever seen. One that was captured at just the right moment, at just the right place, and at just the right time. That's where I was at that moment around 4:55am. I was literally stuck in the moment. Time seemed to move slowly, but yet the moment ended way too soon. Everything about it was stuck in my mind, like it was put on replay. The scene was perfect just him and I on the dock ready to go our separate ways. Then the moon and stars seamed to float over us, shining more brightly then I had ever seen them before.

I slowly found my way up to the door with everything replaying through my mind. I kind of seemed to be in another world as I waltzed through the door to see my dad sitting on the couch with one leg crossed over the other.

"Nice of you to finally get home." he said, looking off to the side and just trying to ignore my eyes.

I was speechless. I didn't know what I was supposed to say or do. I just stood there, staring blankly at him. To be honest I was still in a daze from the perfect moment I just had. "Uhh, I just had to tell him about the work schedule change." I finally responded.

"At 5am?" my dad snapped back.

"I knew you wouldn't let me go tell him during the day so I decided to go when you were asleep..." It was a bad lie but I went with it.

"Give me your phone." he demanded and I handed it over to him. "I told you..." he shook his head disapprovingly, "This is the last time, you hear me? The last time. You will not hang out with him after work, you will not go see him at 5am in the morning nor will you see him at any other time but work, I don't even want you texting him anymore."

"But but but..." I stuttered trying to think of something convincing. "You can't just shut me off from the only friend that I have hear! What's so wrong with him anyway? You didn't even give him a chance!"

"I'm not changing my mind.. If I ketch this again, you're going to have to quit your job."

"Wow.... I can't believe this.." I turned around and rushed into my room like I had not to many nights before.

~~~~~~~

I woke up that next day at 10:40am. I over slept and only had 20 minutes now to get to work. I threw something on, brushed my hair, put on a bit of make up and was out the door. I got on my Jet Ski and went as fast as I could cross the lake and over to Papa Chubby's. I made it there with only a few minutes to spare. As I walked in Drew caught my eye and smiled. I mouthed to him "We need to talk." His face immediately dropped as I said this.

He walked over to me and we both took a seat at the bar. "My dad was there waiting for me when I got home last night."

"No." he said disbelieving.

"Yes. " I said, my gaze left his I started explaining everything my dad had said.

"So what does that mean for us?" he was looking at me, waiting for me to look back at him, but I didn't look back and it killed me not to look back at him. I felt horrible, I just couldn't right now.

"I guess this means that we have to be friends." I paused seeing now that he wasn't looking at me anymore he was looking straight ahead with an expression that I couldn't tell it's emotion.

"After what just happened last night, you're telling me that we can only be friends." I could hear the anger in his voice.

"Yeah. It's all that we can do, we would never be able to work out anyways. I want to be with you in public and you be able to come over when ever and I wanted us to be a real couple. But that will never be able to happen. So why do we try for something that can't happen." I knew by the look on his face that what I said had hurt him.