Chapter 4: Drew

"Welcome to Papa Chubby's, my names Drew, I'll be your waiter today and this is Blair."

         "Hi." she smiled and waved shyly.

         "She's in training... Now I'll take your drinks to start off." My lines now came easily because of all the times saying them before.

          They ordered and we walked back and filled the drinks and carried them back to the table. "Are you ready to order, or do you need some time?" They were ready so we took their order and took the order to back. Our next table to wait on just got seated.

          "You ready to do this one?" I asked her.

          "Yeah! I got this!" I think she thought I was doubting her. She walked over to the table confidently trying to prove herself. I watched her as she said her lines and took their d!rink orders. She walked back to me and we went and got the drinks.

         "How did it go?" I asked

          "Great! I told you I was ready!" she exclaimed as she then tripped and spilled some of the pop.

           The way see blankly stared at the pop on the floor was priceless. "Wow.." she said and went back to fill them up more.

         "That was cute." I laughed and went to get paper towels.

         "No." she said aggravated and I laughed again, then we took the drinks to the table and she took their orders, and got stuck on some words she was trying to think of but I filled in for her. I could tell she wasn't happy with herself, but I just thought it was the cutest thing.

         We had a great time the rest of the day working together. I had secretly told Chubby to put Blair on all of my shifts so we would always be working together. I'm now actually going to look forward to going to work everyday.

           I walked into the kitchen later on to see Matt. "So Blair's the new girl eh? She's so young. C'mon Drew you know you can't be with her, no one will let you guys be together, so why try?"

         "I told you, she is different then others..." I said kind of irritated with what he had to say.

          "But you know I'm right...." he said, I know he wasn't trying to be rude but it came off that way and I was just mad so I walked off.

          When it was closing time we all started cleaning up for the night. After words Blair and I stood on the dock between her jet ski and my boat.

           I couldn't help myself for saying what I was thinking, "You're beautiful, you know that?"

          She blushed and shook her head, "You're only saying that to make me feel good."

          "I'm saying it because it's the truth."

           "So why are you all the sudden going to tell me this now?"

          I took a step closer, "I think that every time I see you, I just kept it to myself." I wrapped my arms around her waist. Then her hands rested around my neck. "And I would love it someone as beautiful as you, preferably you, would be my girl."

         "I don't know if I can do that." She look her arms off my shoulders and her gaze shifted from my eyes to the ground, so I let go of her, feeling kind of bad now. "It's not that I don't want to be your girl, it's that I can't. I don't know if my parents would be to happy. We wouldn't be able to see each other outside of work."