20.

Melajah POV

Today is the day. Lauren is officially 17 years old.

Right now she's in Florida with her family. I bought her a ticket and she flew out last night, I told her that was my gift to her although she was very pleased that's not my real gift.

I still have the ring waiting for her and Matt agreed to a private session. He's gonna sing a couple of her favorite songs and then I'll sing my song I wrote for her.

Right now she's probably rejoicing with her family and friends. She doesn't know I'm coming to Florida, she thinks that I'm going to stay in L.A and then we can celebrate the week after.

I ring Dinah up and she answers on the first ring "Wassup dawg" she says into the phone

"Hey, did you talk to Lauren this morning?"

"Yeah" I can tell she's smiling "that was so sweet of you Melajah, she was so happy when she spoke to us" she informs me

"Good." I say proudly "well the gifts aren't over" I tell her the whole plan and how I'm gonna surprise Lauren

"That's so cute" she beams "you put a lot of thought into that, huh?" She asks

"Yeah I did, I hope she likes it" I sigh

I can't imagine going there and seeing Lauren disappointed to see me. I hope me showing up there without an invite isn't too clingy.

Especially with a ring... It's only been 6 months, we haven't even said we loved each other . Speaking of 'love' I only felt it once in my life and that girl cheated on me.

"Trust me she will" Dinah reassures me "I gotta go Normani is coming over soon" with that we hang up the phones.

***

On the way to Florida I flew exclusively, I didn't want to draw any attention to myself. Lauren isn't supposed to know that I'm here right now and that's the way I want to keep it.

I land safely, and my out of town driver bob takes me to Miami Florida.

Everything is much warmer in Florida than in Colorado. I've been here before but I never really got the chance to enjoy the scenery.

It's always work,work,work,work. This is the first time in months that I can actually say I have a break.

Even though I'm still writing, performing, and promoting; it's nice because I don't have to wake up as early as usual.

"Hey bob, stop off at the nearest library I need to pick up something" I tell him. I recently bought a camera and I'm not that good with taking hd photos so as Lauren insisted 'Photography For Idiots' was the way to go.

My phone dings in my pockets and I reach in and smile at the phone as Lauren's Twitter pops up.

@LaurenJauregui:
Missing my nugget 😪❤️!! can't wait to be in your arms @Melajahstew

I miss you too I think to myself, I can't wait to see her I'm really impatient at this point.

@Melajahstew:
I'll be holding you sooner than you think 😉 @LaurenJauregui

I smirk as I send out the tweet and it reaches 100 retweets already. The fans are in love with our relationship.

Well at least some of them, others call Lauren rude names and say how she doesn't deserve me when it's the other way around.