29.

Vulnerable.

Melajah always seemed to make Lauren feel this way despite the heartache she was facing and it's increasing pace slowly took a toll over Lauren's body. She was no longer happy about the little things in life and she no longer cared for the big things at all. She wanted all the simple things that she had thought came with love, but she was wrong.

She was left heartbroken and torn into pieces now. Her once light greenish-blue eyes were now dull and lifeless. Her perfect painted finger-nails had found a new liking to the color black and that was all she seemed to wear now. Despite her fake smile that only Camila noticed, Lauren lived in her own world for the past month.

Having to pretend to be alright and having to be strong for the people around her was harder than she had assumed. The girl in the room with her was the girl who still had her heart, it may be shattered but Melajah still held the pieces firmly in her hands. She was all hers and she didn't like that feeling. At all.

She was miserable. Melajah had came into her life and just made everything seem brighter and brighter. She made her happy but what if the only person who truly makes you happy makes you sad.

That was her dilemma.

She had become so involved with the older girl she never thought of a life without her. She didn't want to be without her but her stubbornness didn't allow herself to be with Melajah. Friends is all they could ever be now.

"Hey can we please talk" Melajah spoke out with a gentle tone. Nervous that Lauren might shut her down like she has done previously "Look I want to be with you Lo" she told the girl honestly.

Lauren eyes were pointed at the suitcase in front of her as she bent down looking through the suitcase for her pajamas, but came up with nothing. "You can always wear one of my shirts..." Melajah suggested.

The sight of Lauren in her shirts always made her heart flutter. Just seeing the smaller girl in her t-shirt always left Melajah fascinated. "I mean if that's appropriate..." She had a edge to her voice but the room was soon left silent as Lauren stood up and turned her attention to her.

"That would be fine" she spoke timidly. Melajah searched in her bag looking for a shirt for Lauren "Do you have one you wore recently?" She inquired and Melajah's eyes lit up for a second. She bit her lip and slowly grabbed the black 'Metallica' band t-shirt she wore two nights previously.

With Melajahs scent still lingering on the band-tee Lauren grabbed the shirt from her without a second thought and placed it on her smaller body. "Looks better on you" Melajah complimented her nervously.

"Thank You" Lauren said politely. She grabbed the hair tie from her wrist and put her hair in a pony-tail. Melajah watched her attentively as she slowly made her way to her side of the bed.

Melajah grew curious and wondered if Lauren was ever gonna hold a conversation with her. She grabbed sweats from her suitcase and gave them to Lauren who looked at her oddly. "I want to take you somewhere. Is that alright?" She looked at the girl waiting for answer.

Lauren stood up without a word and put on Melajahs sweats but they fell down to her ankles soon after. She looked up at the girl who was laughing at the sight. "Here" Melajah offered her help, pulling up the sweats once more and tugging at the strings, tying them firmly.

"Where are we going?" Lauren's harsh voice spoke aloud taking Melajah by surprise. "Somewhere to talk" she gave Lauren a soft smile before trying to interlock her fingers with Lauren.