24.

Melajahs POV

"Mama look" the little girl picked up a white and yellow flower from the garden in the park. The older lady smiled at her softly "ooh that's pretty". The lady bent down to the little girls height and pushed the hair out her face and kissed her head "what color is that Melajah?" She asked causing the little girl to giggle.

"Yellow" Melajah smiled. Her two front teeth have gone missing 2 weeks prior when she ran into the walls at home. She didn't cry; she sat and looked at the two teeth and gave them to her mother and said "tooth fairy".

"Good girl" her mother said giving her a big hug. Catching the little girl off guard, Melajah slowly returned the favor and nuzzled into her neck "ready to go?".

"No I wanna stay" the young girl pouted at her mother "we have to go home lajah" her mom grabbed her tiny hands and pulled on her lightly. The little girl tugged backwards and yelled "no".

"I don't wanna go home" the little girl sat down. She has always been stubborn and liked to get her way. Giving in, her mom sat down beside her and looked at her with gentle eyes. Apart of her knew why Melajah didn't want to go home but she asked anyway "why?" She asked with a slight frown.

"Cause daddy's mean and he hurts you" she says with tears forming in her big hazel eyes and he mother just let out a sigh, understanding what she meant "he hurts you mama and makes you cry. And when you cry I cry" the little girl said with her voice cracking.
Her mother didn't do anything she just held the girl closely to her chest and let her cry, the little girl started shaking and trembling  as her mother held her. She was always traumatized of the things her father would do to her mother.

"Let's stay here for awhile" her mother smiled at her and the little girls face lit up like a Christmas tree. She ran over to the flowers and started giggling and whispering "pretty flowers". Her mother was happy because her daughter was happy, all she wanted was to see her baby girl happy. She would do anything for her after all Melajah was the only thing she had.

When they reached home they were greeted by Melajah's father. His legs were crossed and his eyes were focused on the television as he flicked back and forth between channels. He didn't notice the little girl looking up at him with yellow and white flowers in her hand. "Daddy look" she said quietly trying not to disturb her father. He looked down at her and furrowed his eyebrows and scoffed "I'm busy" he turned his attention back to the television and ignored her existence.

"But daddy I picked them for you..." The little girl struggled to get her fathers attention. She put her little hands on her fathers arm and squeezed it softly "please daddy". Her mother watched them from the kitchen with a frown plastered on her face as she watched their interaction. "Leave me alone dammit!" The little girls father yelled at her causing the little girl to stumble back in fright. She turned around looking at the flowers as a tear dropped on the petals she went to the trash, and placed them in there gently "I sorry, daddy doesn't want us" she whispered quietly before walking to the room.

She laid on the bed and cried softly in her pillow. Holding her stomach, panting and holding in her cries so no one could hear her. She heard her parents yell and dishes being thrown across the room and for the first time she didn't go see if anyone was okay. She sat on the bed holding her legs to her chest.

I wake up in the back seat of a car and hold my chest inhaling and exhaling sharply. "You alright?" Charles asks taking his eyes off the road for a second and I nod.