10.

Lauren's POV

The past 5 months the girls and I literally just been in and out of the studio nonstop. We've just started recording our new album and it's coming along nicely.

After our debut single "Miss Movin' On" was released and our other single "Me & my girls" released just two days after we started to receive a lot of attention.

The song received positive reviews from critics, praising the production and our vocal delivery. "Miss Movin' On" peaked at number 76 on the US Billboard Hot 100 and number 27 on the US Mainstream Top 40 chart. It also charted in New Zealand, peaking at number 27. The song was certified Gold by the Recording Industry Association of America.

Simon said that was a great accomplishment from a new artist, especially girl artist since we don't get much credit unless it's sexy.

The video showed the girls and I at an amusement park getting over our boyfriends after a break up.

Recently we performed at the Radio Disney Music Awards and it was the most exciting and nerve racking thing ever.

After the performance the girls and I won two awards. It was just an honor to be nominated for one  but actually wining is a whole different story. Melajah won three but she couldn't be here to accept them.

Melajah and I have been trying to keep our relationship private as possible because she doesn't want me to be known as the girl who dated Melajah but as the girl with the powerful voice from fifth harmony.

Fans have been very curious about us though, after a lot of rumors speculated that we were dating or I was just a one night stand that she had for multiple nights.

I haven't seen her in 3 weeks and I miss her more than anything at the moment. But her tour life is very important especially since she won 3 Grammys she's been working nonstop. I've never seen a girl more focused than her when it comes to music.

Even though in articles I read that Melajah hooks up with multiple girls every now and then I hardly believe it. Call me crazy or dumb but the way she looks at me makes me feel like I'm the only girl in the world and I have faith that she wouldn't ruin what we have.

"Hey Lauren can I speak to you in my office" Felicity  our publicist demands.

I've always found Felicity uptight and she always saw me as a little girl. She always thought it was dumb of Melajah for not wanting our relationship to go public. "Good or bad, publicity is publicity " she would say.

"Hey." I say playing with my hair.

"Your still dating your girl toy?" She says biting a pen cap. "Secretly" she adds rolling her eyes.

"Listen if your here to bash my relationship and our choices then I'll just leave" I say bluntly

"Look I only want the best for you and the girls, okay" she says and I nod "just a touch up" she says with a fake smile.

"Was keeping the relationship a secret, a mutual discussion or more of a Melajah discussion?" she asks curiously.

"Where are you getting at" I say defensively.

"I mean it's obvious, Melajah wants something and you do it for her , that's how it works" she says with a smirk "isn't it?"

"No that isn't" I say with an attitude "our relationship is built on mutual respect"

"Is that why she's cheating" she says tossing old magazines at me

"You know those are fake" I say crossing my arms.

"Fair enough" she shrugs "Melajah actually likes you" she says thinking "and that's why your going to persuade her into letting you guys go public" she says smiling

"Why would I do that" I say tapping my nails on the table

"Because Melajah is very very very famous and fifth harmony is at the start of their career, and the rest of your band mates aren't dating an A-list celebrity" she says with a smile

"What are you suggesting" I say groaning

"Publicity, the worlds cutest gay couple. The media will eat you guys up" she says excitedly "just get Melajah to agree"

"That's never gonna happen" I chuckle at the thought

"Why, is Melajah hiding you" she says jokingly and I frown.

It never occurred to me why Melajah wanted to keep us a secret, she said she doesn't want the media to see me as the girl she's dating but that's not true. It never occurred to me that maybe she was ashamed to be seen with a nobody like me. Someone as popular as her with someone as dorky as me.

"Look I don't mean to be hard on you" she says reassuringly "but this industry will tear you apart, I was hired to do my job and I know sometimes I might come off as a bitch but I can't be your friend and do my job at the same time" she says with a soft smile "just talk to Melajah, but just know you don't have a choice at the moment you have to do anything to stay on the top even if it means jeopardizing a relationship you have with someone" she says and I nod walking out of the office.

I immediately call Melajah on the phone and she answers on the first ring and I just start crying when she speaks.

"Princess what's wrong" she says into the phone. Her soft yet raspy voice fills my ears and it feels like heaven to me.

"Nothing, nothing" I say wiping my tears "I just miss you a lot" I say huffing

"Well, I'm coming home to you soon" she says and I smile

"I can't wait" I say "can I ask you something"

"You just did" she says giggling and I roll my eyes

"You're so annoying, but seriously"

"Go ahead" she says and I hear a lady speak in the background

"Your on in 2, wrap it up Melajah" a distant voice says

"Oh. baby I have to go soon, I miss you" she says hurriedly

"I know but we have to speak, are you hiding me?" I say and she hangs up before I get the last word out.

"How nice" I say aloud walking into the room with the girls

"Everything alright?" Dinah asks and the girls look up with concern "what was the meeting about?" She asks

"The usual" I say huffing and they all shift awkwardly

"Maybe you gotta do what you gotta do" Camila says looking away

"But I don't want our success based off of some girl" I say frustrated

"But it's not" Normani says "we have an amazing fanbase right now and Melajah had nothing to do with that" she says rubbing my arm

"We know how you feel about Melajah and we also know your tired of hiding" ally says with a frown "and we also know that your scared of the hate your going to receive for dating her" she says timidly.

"I just don't know what to do, Felicity basically suggested that if I don't "out" us then she's going to" I say crying in my hands and they all surround me hugging me.