Sam Winchester - Love Songs ✓

Edited 1.2.18
I actually didn't have to change that much about this one since I like it how it is already. IT's really cheesy and fluffy, but it's pretty okay. It's too short for me to need to change it. Hope you like it :D

It was a normal day at the bunker for once. No world crises, no cases, just relaxation. It felt weird, actually, with no "monsters" chasing us, but calming none-the-less. I sat at one of the tables in the living room on my computer. Sam was sitting across from me doing the same thing. The silence in the room settled around us like a wool blanket in the summer; uncomfortable and hot. I decided it would be best if I turn on Pandora on my tablet, so at least there's noise in the room. That was my first mistake.

Because of my amazing luck, Lying Is the Most Fun a Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off by Panic! At The Disco started playing, and since I ran out of skips within the past hour, I couldn't skip anything. Sam looked up at me with a strange expression. My face started turning a nice shade of pink as Brendon belted out the lyrics. I sighed and put my head on the table.

"I was trying to get rid of the apparent tension and make it less uncomfortable, for me at least, but this seems to have made it worse," I mumble over to Sam. "I ran out of skips so I can't skip it, I'm sorry."

"It's okay, it's not as bad as it could be." He tried to reassure me. I wanted to believe him, but in all honesty, he looked very uncomfortable.

I just hoped that the next song would be better, but it wasn't. None of them were. It went Heaven's On Fire by Kiss, Sex on Fire by Kings of Leon, I Can't Help Falling In Love cover by Twenty One Pilots, Rhythm of Love by Plain White T's, Falling In Love Will Kill You by Wrongchilde ft. Gerard Way. Sam and I were both visibly uncomfortable, and we couldn't change it. I decided it would be best to just turn off the music in an attempt to make it slightly less horrible to sit in this room. Before I could begin to reach for my computer mouse, (Y/F/N) decided to walk in.

"Why are you guys listening to love songs? Are you guys in love or something? Get a room you two, cause I don't want your love in my living room." They said in between chews of the granola bar they were eating.

That comment had made it even worse if that was even possible at this point. I sighed and got up, walking straight to my room without another word and fell onto my bed. I was done with the world for today. But it was only nine o'clock, and I hadn't eaten anything for four hours. I'd have to come out of my room at some point. But until that time, I'll just sit here and read.

-

It's been around 45 minutes of me locking myself in my room when I hear the faint sound of music that seems like it's getting closer to my door. Just as I sit up from my bed Sam comes bursting in my door with Love Song by Sara Bareilles playing on his phone.

"I'M NOT GONNA WRITE YOU A LOVE SONG 'CAUSE YOU ASKED FOR IT, 'CAUSE YOU NEED ONE. YOU SEE, I'M NOT GONNA WRITE YOU A LOVE SONG 'CAUSE YOU TELL ME IT'S MAKE OR BREAK IN THIS. IF YOU'RE ON YOUR WAY, I'M NOT GONNA WRITE YOU, TO STTAAYY." Sam yelled out the lyrics, quite horribly I might add. But hey, it's the thought that counts.

I try to stifle my laughter to ask him a question. "What are you doing Sam?" I burst out laughing as he starts dancing to it.

"That is a good question." He laughed as he collapsed on the bed right next to me. His hair was a ragged mess, which made you giggle along with him. "I just wanted to make sure you were alright, and I figured Sara Bareilles could help me out."

I smiled and grabbed his hand, hoping it would come across platonically. He returned the smile and began to rub small circles on the back of my hand. It felt very calming if I'm being honest. "You know," I began. "I always preferred classic rock opposed to love songs."

"Then why didn't you go to a classic rock station?" He asked with a playful and puzzled expression.

"Well, it was on one before I just thought it was still on it..." just as I finished my sentence I remembered something. "Goddammit, Dean," I whispered under my breath. Sam looked over at me once more.

"What'd he do this time?" Sam asked, still slightly confused.

"Dean said he had to borrow my tablet for something, and I'm guessing he changed it while he had it. Do you think he set that up?" I say, laughing slightly. "That asshole."

Sam let out a small chuckle."Sounds like something he'd do." We both smile at each other one last time for the night before slipping into sleep, still holding hands.

-

I awoke the next morning to find Sam cuddled into me and his arm draped lazily over my figure. I honestly wasn't complaining though. I rolled over and dug my face into his chest, closing my eyes and listening to the sound of his heart. I hear Sam slowly wake up, yawning. Instead of moving away, I groaned instead. "Please don't move. I'm comfy and don't wanna get up yet."

"Really?" He sighed, shifting slightly. I clutched his shirt and snuggled into it.

"Just stay, please," I whispered groggily.

He pressed a small kiss to my forehead, chuckling softly. "Okay, I'll stay." He whispered sweetly. I sighed happily and drifted off back to sleep.

Shortly after this, my sleep was disturbed by Dean walking into the room. "Hey (Y/N) do you know where Sam we- Oh, nevermind." I opened my eyes groggily and looked at Dean, watching him wink and finger-snap at me before walking out of my door.

Sam laughed quietly and looked down at me with a gleam in his eyes. I looked back up at him with confusion. He leaned down as kissed me softly.

"We should get up, ya know," Sam said once he pulled away, resting his forehead on my own.

"Yea I know," I whisper to him. "Let's just stay like this a little longer." I smile, burying myself in his chest. He chuckled softly, wrapping his arms around me. From that moment I could tell that this was the start of something perfect.