Jasper Jordan - Someone Like You

Hey, Guys! I'm back with another oneshot with a different format than normal. This is a songfic inspired by the song "Someone Like You" by Adele. Just like my Lucifer oneshot, this started out as a writing exercise with LlamaMorph but turned into me completing something and her not. She didn't finish her story last time either, but I have high hopes for her this time! Anyways, hope you all like this I actually really tried and I really like how it turned out. The song is above for you to follow along with if the song actually matches up to this [I doubt it]. Enjoy!

I heard that you've settled down

That you've found a girl and you're married now

I sighed as I looked over at Jasper, who was sitting with Mya. They were holding hands and talking about god knows what. I rolled my eyes and stared down at my food, but suddenly I wasn't hungry anymore. I groaned and pushed my plate away. Looking at the two of them together made me want to vomit.

I heard that your dreams came true

Guess she gave you things that I didn't give you

Jasper and I were together before we showed up here, then Mya stepped in and won over Jasper's heart in ways that I couldn't. We were so close, yet so far. I remember how I told him I liked him in the first place. I took him to butterfly field and we sat there staring for almost hours, then I looked him in the eye and we leaned in and kissed each other. I told him I liked him after that, and he said that he felt the same. I guess he's been lying all this time then. I looked up again in their direction to see Mya gone and Jasper sitting next to Monty at a different table. Without warning, he looked up at me and suddenly looked very guilty. I just sent him an eye roll and a glare before looking down at my picked over food. I got up, grabbing the plate food and throwing it away before I wandered the halls of the mountain base.

Old friend, why are you so shy?

It ain't like you to hold back or hide from the light

He's tried to talk to me a couple times about it, but every time I push him away. We haven't spoken about it since I actually caught him with her. I found them in a room full of paintings full blown making out. The second I saw them together I just walked out, my shock preventing me from crying. He chased after me, but I ignored him.

*Flashback*

I walked down the hallway staring at the floor, my hands in my jacket pockets.

I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited

"(Y/N)! Wait!" Jasper yelled after me. I didn't say anything, nor did I wait. I just kept on walking down the hall, no destination in mind.

But I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it

"I can explain." he said in between pants.

"There's nothing for you to explain." I said, my voice trembling. "You lied about loving me, and you found someone else. Plain and simple. I get it, really. I knew I was never good enough for you. So you can just go back to sticking your tongue down her throat and leave me alone." My words were shaky but strong. I looked up at him in the eye, hoping to find something in his expression.

I had hoped you'd see my face and that you'd be reminded

That for me it isn't over

All I saw in his face was guilt. That wasn't good enough for me. I looked away and continued walking. "As you could probably tell, Jasper. We're over. Hope you're happy with what you've done, cheater." I yelled at him over my shoulder, my voice regaining its strength.