Chapter 18

It was silent through the whole trip back to the cave. The only thing that we could hear was the sound of Felix still crying silently over the death of Cry.

Jack was doing a little bit better. Every time we stopped for a break, I noticed that he would always talk quietly with Anti. I sigh, scratching the back of my head. It had to be really weird to see a same exact copy of yourself.

The bullet wound was gone thanks to Bob. The only thing left was a scar. And painful memories.

As the night grew closer, I begin to feel on edge, looking over my shoulder.

"Mark, what's wrong?" I sigh, scratching the back of my head again.

"It's... Nothing"

++++

A twig cracks behind us causing me to spin around.

"Sorry," Wade mutters. I scratch the back of my head for the umpteenth time. God I am so freaking paranoid.

"Okay, Mark. What's wrong? And don't tell me nothing because Jack and I both know something is up." I scratch my wrist, laughing weakly.

"Honestly have no idea what you mean."

"Constantly looking over your shoulder. Scratching the back of your head. Must I need to go on?" Jack asks, I shake my head.

"Nothing is wrong, I swear! I'm fine, honestly." Both Anti and Jack narrow their eyes at me. I wince at how very similar they were, even with different colored eyes.

"Uh huh, sure." They chorused each other. I wince again, walking a little faster trying to escape their gazes.

That's just creep as hell.

++++

I lean against the side of the cave, listening to Felix's soft cries and Ken's consoling words. Everyone else was quiet, most likely exhausted. And me? I couldn't stops feeling like someone was watching me.

I close my eyes, taking real deep breaths.

"Marrrk!" An Irish accented voice suddenly booms causing me to jump. I open my eyes to see Jack frowning at me.

"Yes?"

"I've been calling your name for the past two minutes!" He says, worry displayed on his bruise covered face.

"I'm sorry. I was honestly lost in my own thoughts." I reply, raking a hand through my messy red hair. Jack's frown deepens.

"Seriously, don't bullshit me anymore. What's wrong?"

"Nothing!" I insist. Jack throws his hands up in the air frustrated.

"You know what? Fine!" His green sleeves roll down revealing more cuts and bruises that the maid had gave him. "Fine! Sorry if I even bothered!"

He storms back over to where Anti, Bob, and Wade were sitting.

You should have just told him. I jump at the darker version of my voice in my head.

Wow, now you talk to me? A sigh.

I'm sorry. Dark says quietly, surprising me a little. It's just kinda boring being sealed up all day.

Why are you being nice to me all of a sudden? In the other game, you wanted to destroy my friends and I.

I mean I never wanted to... That's just how they created me. You can't change what you were created for. I smirk.

Uh huh okay. Then how come Anti is nice and you aren't.

Because he has a heart... I don't. I was basically created without the same feelings as he has.

I instantly felt bad as I walk towards the cave's mouth, staring out at the white plain. I'm sorry... It was rude of me to ask.

It's okay. Dark says laughing a bit. It was going to be asked eventually anyways.

I stare at the ground in silence. I honestly felt bad for Dark. I mean it wasn't his fault that he was forced into my body and did what he was made to do. It wasn't his fault that he was created to be a monster.

"Mark," I turn around facing Anti. "Everyone else is going to go to sleep early because we will be getting up just before sunrise to continue on our way."

"Okay. I'll come in in a couple of minutes." He nods and disappears deeper in the cave. Dark sighs.

Mark?

Yes, Dark?

I might be wrong but keep watch tonight... I have a feeling that the stupid maid try to attack you guys tonight. I nod to myself while staring at the darkening sky.

I'll try Dark. I'll try.

Good, he says in satisfaction. Because the last thing we need is another surprise attack.