Chapter 22

Morning came sooner rather than later. Dark was sad when Anti had to leave from his arms. I, on the other hand, was relieved because the whole night was so awkward. it was like having Jack embraced in my arms.

That's just weird.

Vinny, of course, was a sobbing mess. We- Bob, Ken, Jack, Wade, Felix and I- were about to leave the game for good this time.

Felix and Cry embrace for the last time.

"Will I ever see you again?" He cries into Cry's sweatshirt. Cry smiles sadly, hugging Felix tighter.

"I would lie and say yes we will see each other again, but I highly doubt we will," his voice cracking as he buried his face in Felix's shoulders.

"I don't want to leave! I actually like it here now!" Felix cries. I look away to see Anti and Jack hug. Both of them had the same look of sadness on their face.

"Goodbye Anti."

"See you later Jack. It was truly a honor to meet you." Jack nods. Anti catches my gaze and I look away embarrassed.

You two just had to do your stupid cuddle thing last night! Dark's laugh echoes in my mind.

I'm sorry Mark, but it's called love. Something that you'll understand one day. I smirk.

I doubt that I'll find someone. I really do.

Never doubt yourself Mark. If you can't even believe in yourself, what is there to believe anymore? I smile watching Cry and Felix pull away, looking at each other for last time.

Tears threaten to fall from my eyes as we all got into a line after saying our final farewells.

"Hey Jack," Anti says smiling sadly. Jack turns around. "You get to go home buddy."

Jack's lip trembles slightly. The next thing I knew he ran and hugged Anti one last time. As they pull away, Anti reaches into his pocket and hands something to Jack.

Tears run down his face as he slowly walks towards me. I put an arm around him, pulling him closer while we walked silently behind Prince Oakley.

"Okay, guys," the prince says, stopping in front of a black rectangle. "When you step through this, it will log you out." Now the Prince's voice starts to crack. "I'm glad you were able to rescue your friend." And he disappears. So much for a formal goodbye or thank you from him.

One by one, we step through the black sheet. Jack clings to whatever he received from Anti as he steps through. I look back one last time. Vinny, Cry and Anti wave goodbye to me. I smile as my own tears trail down my face.

So this is it, I thought to Dark who sighs. He was upset.

It was nice knowing you, Mark. I laugh out loud.

Even though you were a total ass to me in the first game, you're actually a pretty cool demon. He chuckles.

Can't help that I am an amazing demon. Another tear joins the first.

Good bye, Dark.

Good bye, Mark. Would be the very last words that I have ever hear from him as I close my eyes and step through the black sheet.

I was finally going home and this time, it was for good.

++++

Everyone was excited when we got out of the game. Dan and Phil jump in the air and nearly kiss if it wasn't for Pertia.

A sob from the bed next to me, makes me turn my head. Jack was sitting up and staring at something gold in his hands.

"What are you looking at Jackaboy?" I ask softly as everyone else begins to stir. His blue eyes fill up with more tears as he holds up a bright green star with something inscribed on it.

"I-it's his soul Mark," his voice croaks from the lack of not using it. "Anti gave it to me and I can't believe that it worked. It actually exited the game with me."

I smile, hugging his frail body while he clutches the necklace in his hands ad cries on my shoulder.

"Welcome home Jack," I mutter through his sloppy green hair.

++++

It turns out that we we had spent only a week in the game when it felt like three whole months.

Jack spent a couple of days recovering and gaining a little bit of the weight he had lost while being trapped in the game.

Felix is still upset of having to leave Cry behind in the game, but he eventually stopped crying every time his name was mentioned.

As soon as Jack was cleared to leave the hospital, we tweeted out to our fans and even made a video, reassuring them that yes Jack was back, we all our okay, and thanks for all of the support.

Yamimash was charged and placed into a prison, where he would spend most of his life. He was no longer a threat to society or us.

The necklace that somehow Anti found a way to get it through the gaming system and into real life, now hangs around Jack's neck. He barely ever takes it off.

I sigh walking out into the cool, crisp night air.

Because of this game, our friendships have grown stronger. Some people had to die for the mistakes that we made but no one is perfect. Not even us Youtubers.

We have to accept that we aren't perfect. I mean, I accept that I'm not perfect, I already know that I'm not. I look out at the moon's sparkling reflection on the lake behind the research center. It was peaceful. Everyone had safely return to the real world. We got Jack back, even though we had to leave a couple of our friends behind in the game.

But when one game is over, another one begins.

Long time, no hear Mark. I smile at the darker version of my voice as I feel him stir in my head.

Hello Darkiplier.

[End of Book 2]