Chapter 7

Jake's POV

When I arrived at school, I saw a fight happening. As I approached the fight, I heard one voice above all the others. It was Lance. I took off in a run and barreled through the crowd. I saw that it was Shawn, a bigot off my football team, beating up Lance. When I saw Lance in pain, I lost it. It was like I blacked out. When I came to, I saw that I had Lance in my arms and Shawn was on the ground, knocked out and bruised. I saw that my knuckles were bleeding, but I didn't care. All that mattered was that Lance was okay. He kept trying to say something, so I kissed him to keep him quiet. I didn't care that the whole school was watching. The video has been seen by almost everyone. I carried Lance to the nurse's office. She bandaged him up and called his parents. I had to sit and wait. I could barely hold it together so I just let it out. I started to cry and I mean ugly cry. When his parents walked in, his mom comforted me. I was not allowed to leave with Lance, so I went to lunch. I passed by a girls' bathroom and heard two girls talking. "Wow Ulyssa (Pronounced: YOU-Lyssa), I can't believe you posted that video. I mean, I didn't think you'd do it," said an unknown girl. "You thought something was going on with Jake, Rebecca," said Ulyssa. "Well, you proved it. I guess it's true when they say Gingers have no soul," said Rebecca, my ex-girlfriend. I dumped her the day after me and Lance kissed. She must have hired Ulyssa, the wicked bitch of the west (PIC ABOVE ^^^^^^), to see why I broke up with her. I tossed something into the bathroom that would scare them and took off. I decided it was revenge time. They will now be worried because someone overheard their conversation, and they don't know it's me. I had my phone on record the moment I heard Ulyssa's name. Now I have proof that her and Rebecca caused pain to Lance. I'm guessing Ulyssa got her airhead of a boyfriend to attack Lance when he was away from his siblings. Whenever Shawn locks in on a target, he won't hold back. No one has ever been able to make him stop except me. I know this because whenever he gets in a fight, I'm the one to pull him away. This time, I didn't just pull him away; I sent him a message with the broken nose. I watched Rebecca and Ulyssa for the rest of the day. They were antsy. They kept looking around to see if they could find out who it was that heard them.

The next day, I went up to Rebecca and asked her what was going on. "Nothing," she said, "Plus, you dumped me, so go have fun with that fag." She tried to walk away from me, but I grabbed her arm and pulled her back. "Now you listen here you bitch," I said basically radiating anger, " I know that it was Ulyssa who took the video, and I know that it was you who put her up to it. I overheard y'all from outside the girl's bathroom. I have it all on recording. So, if you were planning on doing anything else to mess with me and/or Lance, you'll regret it. I hold the key to make your world crumble, remember that." I then walked off leaving her to take all of it in. I could see the fear in her eyes as I threatened to expose her. At the end of the day, I was going out to my car. I tossed my bag inside my a black 1967 Chevy Impala, 327, 4-barrel, V-8 engine, automatic, 4-dr, Hardtop. There are only a few left in the world. My grandfather gave it to my father, and my father gave it to me. I had to fix it up by myself, but after one summer, I had it up and running. After closing the passenger door, I walked over to the driver side only to be blind sided. When I looked up, I saw Shawn standing over me. "If you do anything to hurt Ulyssa or Rebecca, I will make you pay," He said. "Oh really," I said to him as I stood up, "You can't beat me. We all know that you'd lose, plus I can ruin your entire world too. How do you think I'm feared by a lot of people? I'm feared because I hold the key to destroying people's lives, their secrets." His whole tough guy façade fell away knowing that I know that while dating Ulyssa, he's sleeping with Rebecca. I found out from Lance. He does what I do, he listens in on conversations, so I dumped Rebecca for being a slut. His hands started to shake and he walked away. I got in my car and drove to Lance's house. The entire way I could only think of one thing. I still hold the power at the high school to protect Lance from harm. No one will challenge me. I make it my business to know secrets. It's exactly how I survived freshman year. Because of what I know, Lance will survive his entire time at high school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you think? Huh? A lot of drama. We hit the Climax, the kiss. Now are the events that take place after the climax. Prepare for more. Kisses.