Chapter 23

Lance's POV

Halloween is finally here!!! It's my favorite holiday of the year. It's believed to be the one night of the year where the dead can walk amongst the living. You see, I believe in the true origin of Halloween. All Hallow's Eve. Yeah, I've been called weird by many for that, but I don't care. Jake loves my weirdness. His smile seems to brighten every time I go on a rant for something I'm passionate about. One time, he had to catch me while we were walking in the pop-up Halloween store because I started ranting to him about the true origin of Halloween and almost passed out because I apparently forgot how to breathe. He's been with me every minute of every day basically ever since the attack last week. I still have nightmares every now and then. There hasn't been any progress in the case. My cousin said there's not much to go on, so all they can do is sit around and wait until he strikes again. That's what keeps me up at night. 

Jake and I are going out to buy some more supplies to set up for the party tonight. I told him that it's best if we try and get back to normal. We were walking through the door when my phone rang. I answered it and about dropped my phone. "That shirt looks great on you," the White Mask said. "What do you want?" I replied. "To finish what I started," the voice replied, "See, we are an abomination. To be gay is to go against God. He has tasked me with ridding the scourge of homosexuality from the Earth, including myself." "You're gay," I asked. "Yes, but this is my way into Heaven," it replied, "I just have to kill all sources and fruits of homosexuality, that means every man, woman, and child." The emphasis on child about made me drop right then and there. I covered the mic on my phone and told Jake to call Jordan and tell them to get to our house as fast as possible. "If you so much as lay a hand on those twins, you will regret it," I said back into the phone.  "It is the will of God," it replied, "and I'm his messenger." The line then clicked. We raced to my house after paying for our supplies. Jordan and they were waiting for us there. Once inside, we explained everything, but we all decided it was best to move forward with the party and notify the police of all the new information. So that's what we did.

The party's in one hour and I was looking at myself in my body mirror in my room when Jake walked in. "Why haven't you put on your costume?" he asked. "I was changing when I saw the fading bruises," I replied not taking my eyes off the mirror. Jake walked up behind me and wrapped his arms around me and kissed my neck. I then turned and just let him wrap himself around me. We stood like that for several minutes before we separated. Tonight, he was the Batman to my Robin. The party started off great and it didn't seem to drop in energy. I was able to relax and enjoy myself because I didn't think the White Mask would attack in a crowd. Jake, however, didn't want to risk anything so he stood by my side the entire night. "I'm gonna grab some bags of ice from the deep freezer," I said to Jake, "I'll be right back."  I then took off without giving him a chance to object and he got blocked by the crowd. 

I got into the garage to the deep freezer when I heard a noise. I turned and saw a stray cat running out of the garage. "Crazy cat," I said to myself. As I was grabbing two bags of ice, the light began to flicker, so I just hurried back inside. Once there, Jake finally found me and said, "Don't run off like that again." "I told you where I was going, but I'm sorry if I worried you," I said before I kissed him. When we separated I recognized the look in his eyes, so I dragged him out to the dance floor and let the music take us. It seemed like an eternity on the dance floor, but the bliss ended when my cousin walked through the front door. 

Apparently, two bodies were found nearby. One of the bodies was dressed for Halloween, and the other was stripped of clothing. The victims were heading to the party, so they think the killer may be here dressed in the costume of one of the victims. The who was stripped was said to have been seen wearing a Jason costume. I knew of at least three Jason costumes that were worn tonight. I had welcomed them into the house at the beginning of the night. So now the search was on for the actual killer Jason. Within the hour, two Jasons had been taken into custody, searched, and interrogated. "There's one left," I said to Jake as we leaned against the railing of the staircase. "I - There he is," Jake said pointing into the distance and took off after the guy. I tried to stop him but I was frozen in fear. I then heard the twins crying, so I went and checked on them in my room. I was walking towards their crib when everything went black. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HERE IT IS!!!!

I hope you enjoy it. Some new information has come to light about the White Mask. Who do you think it is? Let me know your theories in the comments. Also like, follow, and share. Love you people, and I'll try to update again soon. Pic above is the costumes Jake and Lance wore.