Chapter 15

Lance's POV

Apparently several high schoolers were there at the club that night. When I got to school, everyone was talking about me and Jake. At lunch, I was looking for Jake when this girl stood up and called my name. "Hey Lance," Maria said, I recognized her from drama and glee, "Come sit with us." I couldn't find Jake so I went and sat with her. "So, how come you haven't come out of the shadows until now," she asked. "Well, I guess you could say that I needed a little help," I said talking about Jake. "Well I hope that this continues," she said, "Because Mrs. Lee wants me and you to do a duet for sectionals." "okay, what song," I asked. "Highway Don't Care," Maria responded. "Okay," I gulped. She just smiled and turned to another girl at the table. I couldn't help but think that that song is kind of  a love song. "Hey, sorry I am late," Jake said coming up behind me. "All that matters is that you're here," I said as I stood up and kissed him. "Well, if i get a reaction like that, maybe I should be late more often," he joked. I smacked him on the shoulder before smiling. "Come on," he said grabbing my hand and pulling me towards our next class. "The bell hasn't rang yet," I said as he drug me down the hallway. "I know," Jake said as he shoved me against the wall of the hallway. "Stop," I said giggling, " you know I like it when you do that." He was lightly brush his lips against my neck while rubbing my back with one and hand and using the other to ensure I couldn't escape his handle on me. I was about to lose control as he moved his hand from my back to my- RINNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG. Dammit, we separated just before the hallway filled with students. We walked into Mr. Williams's Honors Geometry class.

"Hey guys, how's your day going so far," Mr. Williams asked and was answered by a chorus of groans. "Well, sorry to hear that, but this is geometry not lunch We have work to do." He carried on talking about the lesson, when I heard it. It was whisper, but it made me turn around. It was Maria' she was looking at her phone and looked on the verge of tears as she texted someone and then she raised her hand to ask to go to the bathroom. "Grab a pass," he said gesturing to the girls' pass on his desk. I waited a few minutes before asking if I could go to the bathroom. Mr. Williams had the same response. I walked towards the bathroom and stopped when I heard talking. "You can't do this to me," Maria said. "I'm telling you," said a voice, "I don't want anything to do with you or that thing. If I here you say anything to anyone, you'll regret it because I'll-" "You'll do what," I said stepping into sight of Maria and Mr. Clark, my literature teacher, "threaten her in a cliche way. I don't think so. Lay one hand on her and you'll be behind bars quicker than you can blink." "You little-!" "Uh uh," I said whipping out my phone, "One more step and I call 911." Mr. Clark looked as if he were about to burst his face was so red. He then shot a look at Maria and left. "Thank you," Maria said. "He's a jerk," I said, "Now lets get back to class."

The rest of the day went by like normal, then it came for me to sing with Maria. I saw Jake sneak in the back to watch. It made me smile. When the music started, I started off. The words just came out as if it were nothing. When Maria began, I got to see just how great her voice was. It was angelic. It was.... beautiful. I looked at her as if I were seeing her for the first time, but i think Jake saw me because the sound of the door closing rang throughout the entire room. That's when I took off. I got outside in enough time to see Jake race out of the parking lot in his car. Luckily Liz was walking to her car so I just caught up with her and rode home with her and Chance. I didn't hear from Jake for the rest of the day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry for not updating in so long. I've just been busy a lot lately. Like, comment, and share. Love yall.