Chapter 19

Jake's POV

It really was shaking me right now knowing that apparently my parents were downstairs in Lance's living room, both of them, together, for the first time in forever. I didn't know what to expect as I walked down the stairs and looked over the railing to see them sitting there on the couch, silent. "Mom......Dad......." I said, "What are you doing here?" They stood up at the sound of my voice. "Well, son, I told your mother about you and Lance, and-" my dad began until Mom cut in. "We're going home," she said, "Now."

"I don't want to," I said taking a step back and feeling Lance's hand on the back of my forearm. I then formed my hand into a shape as to ask for it to be held and flexed my bicep so Lance would get the message. Thankfully, he did and moved his hand from my bicep to my hand and held it. This helped me steady my heartbeat a little. "Dad, I want to stay," I said. "I know son, but-" he started again only to be cut off again. "Your father's decisions are to be taken with a grain of salt," mother said, "I mean look at our marriage."

Lance's POV

I could read the pain all over Jake's face at the way his mother was speaking. Also, the stuff she was saying was really unsettling and I couldn't figure out why. Jake had told me why his brother committed suicide, but i wasn't getting any vibe of homophobia from him. His mother was hard to read. I couldn't tell what type of vibe I was getting from her. "You are coming home with us and we will discuss the whole situation with... him when we get there," she said. "That 'him' has-" Jake started to also be cut off. "No importance to me," shes said, "I'm here because of you, you are my priority." That's when it clicked.

"You," I said. All eyes turned to me. "Excuse me," she said looking at me with this glare as though I were a homeless person asking for money. "You," I said again, "You're the reason." "What is this boy going on about," she said to Jake. "I'm talking about how you already drove one of your children over the edge and you are going to do the same to Jake unless someone stops you," I said very bluntly, stepping forward and letting go of Jake's hand. "LANCE," my parents said in unison. Jake and his dad said nothin; they were confused or stunned or something. "How dare-" she began, but this time I cut her off. "How dare you," I said back in a more disgusted and angry tone, "You come into my house and disrespect me in my own living room and in front of my family. You start talking in a way as to not try and show your homophobia, but honey, I see right through that upper-class, above-it-all facade. Your husband was never really the issue, it was you. Yes, your husband may have caused a few wounds, but you were the one to deliver the fatal strike." I started to take some small steps towards her, and her face started to fall with each of my words. "Jake said you never really had any significant reaction to his brother coming out, but you never tried to stop your husband when he would start attacking Chris. You just stood by and let it happen, and that is worse than being the attacker." "I never meant to cause him any pain," she began, "But he kept on persisting that- that he-" "That he what?" Jake asked stepping forward. "That what he had was not a disease, and he wouldn't listen to reason," she said, "now this heathen has infected you with same disease." "he hasn't infected me with anything," Jake said spinning me around and kissing me out of nowhere, "except love and happiness." "Ja-" she began. "I think it's time you left," my mother said. "Before we throw you out," Izzy added. Mom, Izzy, and Maryse had formed kind of a badass trio stance behind Jake's mom, and I would not want to be her right now. "Fine," she said turning to Jake's dad, "You can keep your faggot for a son." She then turned and walked out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jake came up after talking to his dad and got into bed with me. "I'm so sorry for what I said to your mom," I said. "No, I felt proud of you for standing up for yourself and happy for you standing up for me," he said rubbing his thumb along my cheek. "I don't know what happened, all i know is that it finally like clicked in my mind like finally finishing a puzzle," I said, "I just suddenly saw the big picture about who your mother was as a person." "Well, you never looked hotter," he said kissing me softly then roughly and passionately.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another update guys!!!!! I am getting so many creative ideas and it's like a faucet I can't turn off until I've written it out. I hope you like this chapter. Pic is Jake's Mom, and now, until next time my lovelies.